Chapter Twenty-Seven

I slid into a two-seater booth, meaning only Sal and I would fit. I was looking through the menu when the waitress came up to me.

"Hi, my name is Dakota, I will be your waitress today. Is it just you or..."

"I am waiting for someone." I responded with a small smile.

"Okay. Do you want to order your drink?" She asked.

"Uh...yeah, yeah I think that will be fine. I'll have an iced tea." I said.

She wrote it down on her notepad then walked away. I was scanning the menu, trying to figure out what I wanted when I felt someone sit down across from me. I didn't looked up, expecting to know it was Sal.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone in a place like this?" A voice echoed in my ear.

That wasn't Sal.

I looked up from my menu to see a bulky man sitting across from me. He had short, shaggy brown hair. He had a sharp jaw line and his teeth were perfect, shining a bright white. He had piercing brown eyes that looked straight into me. I didn't like him.

"I'm waiting for a friend." I replied bluntly. "Now get out of their seat."

He scoffed. "I didn't see anyone here when I sat down. So I'm guessing that's just an excuse to get me out of here." He slammed his hands on the table, making me jump. He leaned in the table, getting close to my face. "I don't play games little girl. I know you think I'm hot. So let's get out of here and-"

"And what?" A voice echoed in my ear.

I averted my eyes to where the voice came from. There, I saw Sal with his arms crossed over his chest. His face read an expression of anger. I knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Who's this?" The brown haired man asked.

"Her boyfriend. Who are you?" Sal asked with an annoyed attitude.

The man looked Sal up and down then chuckled. He stood up straight then walked next to Sal.

"You're going out with this chunky man? How disgusting. Look at me though! Built and have long hard muscles." He said, giving me a wink.

"Look, go take your self esteem somewhere else! I'm happy with my girlfriend and you should respect that! Now if you would excuse us, we have a date to have. And also, go suck your own dick why don't you? You seem to enjoy that." Sal snapped, pushing the man away from our table.

The man ran into a table. He took one last glance at us before flipping us off and walking out of the restaurant. Sal huffed and sat down across from me.

"Sorry I'm late, I couldn't find anything to wear. You looked so good when I saw you walk out of your house that I wanted to impress you." Sal said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "You doof, you look good in anything. And also, thank you for coming when you did. I-"

"What are you talking about?" Sal asked.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Sal gave me a sly smirk and winked at me before looking down at his menu. I sat there confused for a few seconds before letting out a long "oh." I chuckled at myself, mentally slapping myself as well.

"Did you order yet?" Sal asked looking through his menu.

"Just my drink." I replied, folding my arms on the table.

The waitress came back with my iced tea. I thanked her and took a sip out of it. She ordered Sal's drink then walked away.

"What are you getting?" Sal asked.