Chapter One

"...and cut! That's a wrap!"

The bell rang. Everyone started leaving their places to head home after a long day. To be honest, I was pooped. I rushed out of the shooting room and headed to grab my bag. When I walked out, everyone shoved me or pushed me around. I didn't care. I just wanted out.

When I finally reached my car, I climbed into the drivers seat and set my bag on the passengers side. I grabbed the steering wheel with both hands and took a deep sigh and banged my head on the horn, leaving a long beep in the parking lot. Today was a long day.

"Hey! Get off your steering wheel you moron!" Someone yelled at me.

I lifted my head and flipped them off. I wasn't going to deal with their attitude, not after this damn long day.

>><<

"Ugh. Home sweet home." I groaned walking into my house.

Speckles, my dog, ran up to greet me, all excited. I smiled and kneeled down, giving her some scratches.

"Hi girl. Awe-I missed you too." I gave her a kiss on her forehead. "I bet your hungry. C'mon, let's get you food."

I filled Speckles' food bowl and pet her head as she ate her food. After I ran upstairs to change into some baggy sweats and a plain dark blue shirt. I put my hair up into a messy bun. I checked myself in the mirror and shrugged.

"Whatever." I said to myself.

I grabbed my phone out of my jean pocket and headed downstairs. I then headed to the kitchen and started to boil some water. While waiting, I headed to the living room and turned on my tv. Scrolling through the channels, I stopped it on Mrs. Doubtfire. I got up to check my water, put in the packet of soup, and set the timer on five minutes. I headed back to the living room and plopped myself on the couch. As I did so, I got a text. It was from my neighbor, Sal Vulcano.

Sal:
I see your home.

Addison:
Yeah I am.

Sal:
I see you right now. Look out your window.

I looked out my window from where I was sitting. From across the road, I could see Sal standing at his window, waving with a big smile. I gave a small wave back with an unamused face. He frowned.

Sal:
What's wrong.

Addison:
Let's see. I had a horrible day at work, someone flipped me off, traffic was awful,

The timer on for my soup was beeping. Not only that, my smoke detector went off. I jumped up and shut off the stove. I then grabbed my chair and turned off my smoke alarm. Speckles was barking, making me groan as I stepped down from my chair.

"Speckles, shush." I groaned, clapping.

She whimpered, walked to her bed. I grabbed a wooden spoon and stirred my soup. Burnt. Just. Great. I pushed back somewhere cooler. I chucked the spoon into the sink and walked frustrated into the living room. I noticed that my phone was going off like crazy. I got seven texts from Sal. Fun.

Sal:
???

Sal:
Are you okay? I saw you rush up.

Sal:
Addison, are you there?

Sal:
Hello?