Chapter Fourteen

I was forced to spend the night at Joe's for a few days as I got better. After I passed out, I woke up with both Joe and Bessy hovering over me. They had told me that Brian was going to drop off some clothes with James so I would have stuff to change into. Not only that but James wanted to come see how I was doing, which I thought was sweet. Sal refused to go with Brian after our argument, as I was told, so he decided to stay home. It did bother me a little bit that he didn't want to come, but hey, it's his life and his decisions.

Though, after some eventful days, today was the day I was finally going to go home. I was a lot better than I was before and I couldn't wait to get out of this house. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but I just want to see my dogs again. I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I want to shower in my shower is one of the major ones. I just couldn't wait to get home.

I sat on Joe's couch waiting for Joe to get ready. I had three dogs sitting around me while I watched Milana play with her toys. I smiled when I saw her dance with her little doll.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"...Bella." Milana said quietly.

"Well she's very pretty. If you want me to, I could sew a new dress for her. Would you like that?" I asked.

Milana's eyes lit up as she nodded her head. I smiled.

"What's her favorite color?" I asked.

"Blue and pink." Milana replied, making her doll dance around again.

"Well, I promise you, and Bella, a nice new dress. Okay?"

"Okay."

I smiled. Someone cleared their throat, making me turn around. There stood Joe with a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"Ready?" He asked.

I jumped up. "Yes."

I grabbed my suitcase, said bye to Milana and Bessy, then headed out to the car. I set my suitcase in the back seats and placed myself in the passenger side of the car. As we pulled out of the driveway, I leaned my head back and stared out the window.

"Excited to get home?" Joe started up.

I let out a long sigh. "Yeah. Not saying that your place is bad or anything, just I can't wait to see my dogs and sleep in my own bed."

It went quiet. My mind wondered to what happened a few days ago as well. My face crinkled up as I felt the pit of my stomach flare up. In the corner of my eye, I could see Joe quickly taking glances at me.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing...just thinking about my neighbor across the road and how I have to deal with him." I said with a low growl.

Joe sighed. "You know Sal didn't mean what he said."

I scoffed. "Yeah right. He just wanted me for a one night stand. Well guess what! I'm not that easy to crack."

"Why don't you talk to him instead of jumping into conclusions? Really Addison, you have no idea what he could be feeling right now. He could honestly be regretting what he said. I know what he said the other night was not to be taken seriously. And if it was, I don't know what got into him." Joe explained.

I lifted my head up with risen eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Joe thought for a while. "What I mean is, I know more than you do. Hell, even Brian and James do! For the past three to five years he hasn't stopped talking about you. Yes, it sounds like a very creepy neighbor thing, but it's not. He greeted you when you first moved in yes?" I nodded my head. "Maybe then after, since I don't know how you guys got to grow close, you exchanged numbers to keep in touch. Just as friends of course! That's what Sal always said. Then when we, James, Brian, and I, came over one night after a couple of years of you two talking, Sal finally told us that you lived right across the road. He literally told us that you lived a few houses down. But when we learned you were right across the road, we got Sal to spill some beans. Hell, that's all we talked about that night! And you want to know something? I have never seen Sal so happy to talk to someone so similar to him than you."

I smiled as we pulled into my driveway. I looked over at Joe, who was giving me a small smile.

"Please tell me more." I pleaded.

"Nope. You have to get a another piece of the puzzle from someone else, like Brian or James! Who ever you hang out with next is your next chapter." Joe snickered.

I sighed as I grabbed my duffle bag from the back seat. "You're not fair."

"I know I'm not." Joe said. "But listen, I already had this talk with you the other day before your date with Sal. Sal really loves you, and all of us see it. So what happened the other night, it didn't make any sense. Also, I'm pretty sure Brian already told James what had happened so don't be surprised if you get texts."

I sighed and looked down. A stray tear rolled down my cheek from the corner of my eye. Joe sighed and wiped the tear from my face.

"Cheer up girl, everything will be fine." Joe reassured rubbing my shoulder.

"I hope so." I replied.

I got out of his car and headed up to the porch. I waved by as he pulled out then entered my house, closing the door so I wouldn't have to look at the house across from me. As I headed to do my laundry, I heard the pitter-patter of paws across the floor. I smiled to myself.

"Hi girlies!" I cooed as the dogs jumped at me.

I bent down to their level as I started petting them. Both of them giving me kisses all over my face. I couldn't help but smile the whole time.

"Awe I missed you guys too!"

>><<

The sound of the phone ringing rang throughout the whole house. I jumped up from my bath, quickly grabbed a towel and ran out. I grabbed the phone nearest to the bathroom and answered as my whole body dripped water.

"Hello? ... Yes it is. ... You're kidding! ... No way! That's awesome! ... Yeah, yeah. ... Got it, see you there! Thank you!"

I hung up the phone. I stood there smiling for a few seconds before screaming at the top of my lungs while jumping up and down. Both of my dogs started barking as I did a happy dance. Then I realized I was standing in the middle of the hallway, naked. My face flustered up as I, happily, picked up my towel off the floor and walked back to the bathroom to continue my bath.