Chapter 22| At the Beach

'Ouch!' Saba yelped as Sana tugged the zip of her dress.

'Just little more.' Sana replied pulling up the dress from the back. Saba yelped again.

'You didn't take proper measurements, Appi.' She groaned. Sana shook her head and straightened. She walked and stood in front of Saba.

'I did, sis. But seems like you gained some weight.' Sana said adjusting the shoulder of the dress. Saba rolled her eyes.

'Done.' Sana said. Saba turned and looked at her reflection. It was a beautiful white evening dress that reached till her knees. The top part had beautiful lacework in ink blue, the cap sleeves made it look cute and the sweetheart neckline made the dress elegant and also Saba's assets appeared fuller.

'Amazing design. Appi.' She complimented. Sana nodded as she kneeled adjusting the pleats of Saba's dress.

After she was done with Saba's dress she suggested she help her with the make-up, but Saba interrupted her and insisted she starts getting dressed. Sana looked at the digital alarm clock on the bedside table. 4.00pm. The Engagement will be taking place around sunset. The time was less. Sana nodded and walked towards the wardrobe. She dragged her trolley bag and made it lay on the ground. Though she had designed clothes for Alishba and Saba, she has gotten her dress from a boutique.

Sana liked the asymmetric hem of the off-white evening gown she chose. The dress reached few inches above her knees. She looked up and pulled the A-line neckline of the tube dress. Saba complimented her as she combed her hair. Sana smiled acknowledging her. She combed the side bangs and left the rest of the hair open. Then, she applied kohl in her black eyes and red lip gloss on her own but had to take Saba's help for winged eye-liner. Saba has mastered the art of winged eye-liner and she did a very good job for Sana as well. It was in the latest fashion and so Sana simply had to get it done.

The sisters shared perfume and wore white closed flats. Since the engagement was on the beach they have ditched the heels.

Sana wore a pearl necklace and silver danglers while Saba left her neck bare, the lacework on the high neck dress gave an impression that she was wearing a necklace. For the ears, she wore small studs. The two girls looked at each other, gave an approving nod.

'Let us go.' Saba said looping her arm with Sana's.

'Let's go.' Sana nodded with a smile.

****************************

The beach was decorated perfectly. The wedding planner did a good job, Sana thought as she looked around. The area had been cleaned, decorated with lighting and temporary pillars with white and blue balloons. There was a swing decorated with beautiful flowers, it was very close to the sea with the waves touching the hem of the white swing. Currently, it was occupied by excited kids. The photographer clicking madly and a man in a suit insisting the kids to stay away. There was also a small stage in the center.

Aahil Shah

*Hearts*

Alishba Ahmad Ali

Sana smiled looking at it. So beautiful. Everything looked no less than a fairy tale. Saba excused herself when she spotted a waiter carrying tray filled with paneer pops. Sana chose to stand and admire the beauty.

'Hey.' She heard a voice and turned her head. A man with comb-over undercut hair smiled at her. She recollected him to be the one who kept bumping into Saba, coincidentally.