Chapter 32| Is He your Boyfriend?

This Chapter is dedicated to my sweetheart friend @avnisinghraizada. I missed you so much *hearts* *hearts*

********************************

'Ajith.' Sana called, and her trainer turned around.

'Sana.' He smiled brightly. A smile that made Sana cringe.

Ignoring the feeling she said, - 'My friend needs to join your class. So-'

'Of course.' Ajith interrupted her, he wiped his arms and continued, - 'Ask her to join from tomorrow itself.' He looked at her and smiled even more brightly.

Her. You are so wrong – Sana grinned in her head but outwardly she simply nodded. She doesn't want to burst his happy bubble so soon. Also, she thought Ajith might make an excuse if she said that friend is a man and not a girl.

*******************************

Sana along with her team member worked on the design but she couldn't concrete. She kept wondering if talking to Ajith before talking to Daanish was a good idea. She kept wondering the same at lunch.

'What is the matter?'

'Huh!' Sana looked up from her food when Emma interrupted her. She shook her head.

'Come on, you can tell me.' She said spiraling spaghetti with a fork. She fed herself a mouthful and looked at Sana.

'Nothing. Trust me.' Sana replied confidently. Sana hasn't confessed about her crush to anyone, not even Saba and she was definitely not going to share about it to Emma. She likes keeping her secrets to herself.

The two girls had their lunch silently. Once done, they paid the bill and rose from their seats. As Sana pushed open the glass door of the restaurant and almost dashed into someone.

'Daanish!' Sana exclaimed. Emma peeped from behind her shoulder to look at the stranger.

'Hey, Sana.' Daanish replied. He looked surprised.

'Hi, Emma.' Emma stuck her hand from behind Sana.

'Oh, Hi.' Daanish greeted her politely. They shook hands. Sana noted Emma smiling widely at him. She frowned and nudged her.

'I think your boyfriend is calling you.' She stressed on the word boyfriend and Emma's smile disappeared. She then turned to Daanish, - 'Anyway, a pleasant surprise.' She said. Daanish nodded and told them that he had come for lunch. Sana decided to not delay him and stepped aside from the door. They bid each other good-bye and Daanish entered the restaurant.

'Who was that good-looking gentleman? Your boyfriend?' Emma asked curiously.

I wish – Sana sighed sadly.

'He is my best friend's brother.' She replied. Emma looked slightly disappointed too.

'And he is engaged.' Sana added, and Emma groaned.

'All good ones are always taken. Bad luck.' She whined kicking a stone on the pavement. Sana nodded.

******************************

Later in the evening, Sana stepped out of the cab. She paid the driver. As she stuffed her wallet back into her keepall bag she glanced at the building. She noted the lights to Daanish's flat was on. For a moment she got confused wondering if it was the same flat. She bit her lower lip and turned around. Her mind kept thinking of an excuse to drop by his apartment.

Still wondering she entered her flat. She walked into her room and dropped her bag on the bed. Then, her gaze fell on his coat that was placed on her messy bed. Her face lit up as she got an idea.

Quickly, she freshened up. She adjusted her beige half sleeved ruffled top as she stepped out of her apartment. She locked the door and tugged the keys into the pocket of her denim. She combed her hair with her palms and adjusted the coat on her arm. Confidently and happily she walked through the lobby.

She felt nervous and mentally slapped herself for not calling him.

What must he think of you, suddenly dropping in his footsteps – Sana mentally scolded herself. She contemplated leaving but then her gaze fell on his coat. She has to return this to him someday. She doesn't want to keep it with her for long. After much brainstorming, Sana got an idea. She hurried walked through the lobby and stopped by the stairs. She was very far from his apartment. Then, she leaned against the wall and took out her phone. She called Daanish.

He picked up the call within few rings.

'Hey. Sorry to disturb you. But are you at home? You had left your coat at my place last night.' She said trying to sound casual.

'Oh! I was wondering where I had kept it. Thanks.' He sounded relieved. He paused for a second before adding, - 'Shall I come by your place and take it?'

'No, no, no. I am... actually on my way from work. Just give me fifteen minutes I will be at your place with your coat.' She said trying to cover up. She hoped and prayed that her voice didn't give her away.

'Okay. I will be waiting.' Daanish replied.

Sana exhaled loudly. After cutting the call now her biggest challenge was to kill the fifteen minutes she had asked for. She looked around wondering what to do. Then, she decided she will sit on the floor and do some time pass. But the floor was cold, and she knew her butt will go numb sitting for that long. So, she decided to stand. Leaning against the wall, she began watching silent videos of "funny cats."

*****************************

Sana is so cute. Right, guys? *smiles* And she is gonna spend some time at Daanish's place *oo la la* What do you guys think will happen? 

Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*