Chapter 10| Old Friends Meet

Hi Friends, the above beautiful 😍 banner is made by my wonderful online friend @1999Su.

Thank you so much, dear *flying kisses*

***********************************

Holiday season was over, Christmas, News Years. Sana spent all the days working. Either in the institute or at home. With the days coming near she became more nervous. Saba had many times tried to encourage her. Now, Sana also has Alishba's motivation. She kept assuring her that as long as she was with her nothing can go wrong.

'I am your lucky charm and Aahil is my lucky charm. How can things go wrong? Just chill, babes.' Alishba had motivated her. Though for a while Sana was relieved but then got tensed again. For Alishba and Saba it might not be a great deal but for Sana, this could be life-changing, either for good or bad.

On the day of the event. Sana dressed in a square neck, lace-sleeved emerald empire waist chiffon dress. She looked at it in the mirror and for a moment reconsidered her decision. She isn't used to wearing gowns and so it felt like she had gotten little overdressed.

Later, she decided to keep it. She must walk on stage as well and, so she should look pretty. Sana looked at her reflection and combed her hair. She parted her hair and clipped few strands behind. Satisfied, she wore silver danglers in her ears, applied Kohl, velvet lipstick, slight blush and a generous amount of perfume.

Sana picked up her phone and dialed Alishba's number. She placed her thumb nail in between her teeth but realizing she might damage her freshly manicured nails she moved her hand away. Alishba picked up the call after few rings. Sana frowned hearing her giggle accompanied by a man's chuckle. It was so irritating when the best friend gets into a relationship.

'Yes, Sana. Oh, Aahil stop it (giggles) Sana tell...stop it (giggles)'

Sana rolled her eyes and annoyingly said, - 'You know the venue, right. Be there sharp 8 pm.' She then cut the call. She pressed her lips tightly, placed her hand on her hip and looked away. She took two seconds to calm down before grabbing her silver clutch purse. She stuffed her mobile into the purse. She walked up to the shoe rack and picked up a pair of silver Stiletto and wore it. Then she picked up a full sleeve coat with heavy fur collar and a loose hoodie. She covered her head with the hoodie and wore gloves. She picked up the clutch from the sofa and wore the delicate sling of her purse on her shoulder.

She unlocked the door and pushed it open; looked ahead and took a deep breath, - 'All the best, Sana.' She self-motivated herself.

***********************************

Sana took a cab to the venue. She paid the driver and got down. Pushing behind her hood she entered the hotel. A polite watchman greeted her, she smiled back nervously.

The hotel was hi-fi with posh decorations and elegant high-class people everywhere. Everything made Sana even more nervous. She tried to look confident as she walked towards the coat submission department. As she waited in the line, she removed her coat and placed it on her arm. She lowered her head and was ironing her dress with her palms when someone tapped her shoulder. She looked up and her gaze met familiar Hazel eyes.

'Hey!'

'Alishba!' Sana gushed, a bright smile appeared on her face. Seeing her best friend after eternity made all her worries vanish.

'Oh-My-God! You are looking gorgeous.' Alishba complimented her. She looked at her up and down. Sana looked at her too.

'You are not looking bad yourself. Red suits you.' Sana complimented pointing at her friend's wine-red evening gown.