Chapter 40| What are Friends for?

Hi, guys *waves* After a long time *guilty face* Sorry for the delay as I was busy and also not keeping well.

*****************************

Sana asked Daanish to talk while she does the formalities. Daanish insisted he pay his bills but she sternly refused. After Daanish gave up, she smiled victoriously. Sana walked out of the room and glanced up. She noted the room number and walked towards the elevator. She met the same doctor, Dr. Andrew at the reception desk. They exchanged smiles and he handed her a form. He asked her to fill this and get the medicines from their pharmacy. Sana nodded taking the prescription from him. He smiled once again and said, - 'Take care of your friend.' He nodded

'Sure, Dr. Andrew.' Sana replied. After the doctor turned around and left, Sana turned to face the young man behind the reception desk. He gave her the bill and Sana took out her credit card from her wallet. After billing, she was guided by the man to the Pharmacy.

Once again, Sana got lost searching for the pharmacy. About ten minutes of struggling she finally found it. Sana got the medicines. A painkiller, one cream, some bandages, and cotton. Now, Sana found herself lost searching for the room again.

Darn it – Sana groaned.

*****************************

'What took you so long?' Daanish asked as Sana entered the room.

She smiled sheepishly at him, - 'Got caught up with the formalities and the medicines.'

'Oh!' Daanish lowered his head and stared at Sana's mobile, - 'I am giving you unnecessary trouble.' He sighed.

'Stop whining like a girl, Ali.' Sana said brightly, and he looked up at her surprised. Sana smirked. Purposefully she imitated his tone from the park earlier. Daanish smiled shaking his head.

'You must be happy I won't be torturing you for a while.' He said. Sana grinned nodding her head. Daanish laughed and Sana joined him. Suddenly she gasped feeling her breath getting caught in her throat, as he held her hand gently.

Dhak! Dhak! Dhak! - Sana blinked at him. He smiled little.

'I am sorry. I pushed you too hard in the afternoon. I don't know what came-'

'It is okay.' Sana smiled clenching his palm tighter. Daanish's smile broadened. They looked at each other until Sana broke the eye contact. She fidgeted with the plastic bag and stammered.

'You-Your med-medicine.' She said forwarding it to him.

'Thanks.' Daanish said taking the packet from her.

There was silence as Daanish checked the medicine, read the content. Sana sat on the right side of the bed, beside his hanging feet.

'Um. I hope you have informed everyone at home as well.' She said. Daanish looked from the medicine.

'Yup. Thanks.' He picked up her phone from beside him and handed it to her. Sana took it from him and got up from the bed.

'I will be going then.' She said tugging her hair behind her ear. Daanish nodded. She felt his gaze on her as she picked up her handbag from the table beside the bed. She placed the sling of the bag on her shoulder and looked at him.

'Okay then. Take care. I will come tomorrow.' She said. Then she turned around. She had taken only one step when he called her, and she turned back.

Daanish smiled at her, - 'Thank you, Sana. For everything.' He said genuinely.

Sana smiled, - 'Hey, what are friends for?' Then she blinked at him. The two bid good-bye and Sana left the room.