Chapter 45| He Likes Me?

There was silence between the two women as they sipped their tea. Nanu noticed Sana clenching the tea cup tightly and staring hard at the floor. Nanu shifted and cleared her throat. Sana looked up at her.

'Is everything alright?' Nanu asked looking curiously at her. Sana shook her head. Nanu extended her hand and placed her palm on Sana's thigh.

'Is anything bothering you?' She asked. She looked lovingly at her. With that look, Sana felt like confessing everything but she stopped herself.

'Please don't mind Nadia. She is a sweet girl but only for Daanish.' Nanu said and then chuckled at her own statement. Sana smiled awkwardly. Nanu stopped chuckling and looked seriously at Sana.

'Honestly, I like you better than Nadia.' Nanu grinned at Sana. She looked down.

What is the point – Sana thought sadly in her head. Nanu sighed. There was silence again.

'You know Daanish likes you too.' Nanu said out of blue and Sana looked at her. Momentarily, she felt her heart stop. Nanu noticed her expressions and smirked. Sana noticed a glint in her eyes. Nanu looked away and took a sip of tea. She smiled feeling Sana's gaze on her.

'Don't just say things, Nanu.' Sana looked away. She tugged random strand behind her ear. For a minute there she had thought Nanu was serious. Nanu turned her head and looked at her.

'I am serious, babes.' Nanu said slapping Sana's thigh. She sounded like she was offended, pretend.

'Just yesterday I brought up your topic and Daanish went on and on about you. Oh, my gosh.' – Nanu shook her head and placed her free palm over her chest and sighed, - 'I have never seen or heard Daanish speak so much. He is always reserved.' - Nanu then looked at Sana- 'And the way he spoke, said a lot about his feelings.' She finished. Sana looked away. She felt her cheeks burn.

Daanish likes me? – Sana smiled but quickly fixed her expressions and looked away from her empty teacup.

'I am done, Nanu.' She peeped into Nanu's empty cup and extended her hand. Nanu sighed and handed her the cup. Sana stood up.

'Okay then, Nanu it is getting late I should go.' She said. Nanu looked disappointed.

'Stay for dinner.' Nanu insisted. Sana shook her head and informed her that she has to work at home. Reluctantly, Nanu let her go. Sana walked into the kitchen. Washed the teacups and placed them neatly on the rack. Then, she wiped her palms with the hand towel and walked back into the living room.

'Good night, Nanu.' Sana said picking up her bag. Nanu nodded. Sana smiled at her while Nanu forced a smile. Sana didn't want to wish Daanish good-bye and she was happy Nanu didn't probe her. Sana stopped at the doorstep and turned around. She hugged Nanu tightly and whispered, -

'Good night.' Once again into her ear.

'Good night, dear.' Nanu smiled. Then Sana turned around. She adjusted the sling of her bag and tugged her palms into her jeans pocket as she walked through the lobby.

****************************

Sana found herself tossing and turning in her bed. Daanish's gorgeous face swam before her eyes. Nanu's words echoed in her ears. Finally, after a lot of struggling to sleep Sana sat up on the bed. She recollected Nanu calling her hours ago to inform her that Nadia won't be coming to her place for night's stay. Instead, she will adjust here on the sofa. Sana was grateful as she won't have to deal with her but also, she was upset because Nadia and Daanish are together. Of course, Nanu was there with them.

Why am I thinking about it – Sana frowned and ruffled her hair. She removed her duvet and dropped her legs down the bed. She wore her fluffy slippers and instantly felt warm. Though the weather was awesome in the day, it got cold in the night. Sana tugged down her Tom and Jerry loose grey Tee and walked out of the room.

Sana covered her mouth with the back of palm as she yawned. She scratched her butt as she entered the kitchen. She yawned again taking out a saucepan. She poured water and switched on the stove. She turned around and got a cup. She placed a chamomile tea bag into the empty teacup. Sana tapped her fingernails on the kitchen slab as she waited for the water to boil. Her gaze fell on her fingers and she stopped tapping. She frowned bringing it close to her eyes. She recollected Nadia's perfectly manicured nails and then down at her funny looking nails and she frowned.

She shook her head when she realized the water boiled in the saucepan. She poured the hot water into the teacup. She picked up the teacup and turned around. Leaning against the kitchen slab Sana stared into oblivion as she drank the tea.

After drinking the tea, she placed the dirty teacup near the sink and walked out of the kitchen. She stopped in front of her bed and stretched. Then, she sat on the bed and neatly adjusted the duvet. She turned fluffed her pillow and lay on her back. Pulling the duvet up to her chest she blinked at the ceiling. Placing her palms on her stomach she entwined her fingers and sighed. After few minutes after blinking, Sana closed her eyes. She sighed and soon fell asleep.

*******************************

oooooo! Daanish likes Sana *smirk* *wink* 

And guys how was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for what happens next *flying kisses*