Chapter 6 Dinner

"Mom I'm home!" I shout through the house. No answer.

I walked ten blocks from school to here, did I see the short cut? No, of course not! Some kids drove to their homes, some took the bus, but no I walked ten blocks! At least I got a work out.

I walk into the kitchen and a note is on the table.

Went to buy and outfit for me and your sister for tonight, be back soon.

~ Mom

I run up the steps to my unfinished room. The walls are still white, I have no bed, and no decorations are up. My room is plain as of now. My closet is filled though with new clothes that I had bought.

I strip from my uniform and head to the shower. The warm water relaxing my bones. I spent like twenty minutes trying to get the soap out of my hair.

Once I finish the shower I walk back to my room. I quickly dry my hair tightly curling it, and straightening my bangs. I look in my closet to find something decent to wear tonight.

I soon decide on a white blouse with black dots on it, and a bow at the neck. A high waisted sheer black skirt that meets mid thigh. I add a few gold bangles on both wrists, and gold hoop earrings. I put on my black and gold sneakers that have a heel in them. Just because it's cold I grab a black cardigan.

"Sweetie we are back!" My mom shouts. I walk down the stairs careful not to fall on my face due to the heels.

I take them off and decide to put them on when it's time to go over.

"Hey." I say.

"Wow, Ali you look nice." Rose says coming over to hug me.

"Thanks Rosita." I say using her nickname.

"Oh, Anne the neighbor has a son and daughter." She smiles. "So you picked a good outfit, I saw a picture of her son." She winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Oh so now you wanna hook me up?" I laugh and she nods.

"British boys are very polite so of course I am." She laughs.

"I'm gonna get dressed, and help your sister. Can you pop the lasagna into the oven so that it can heat up?" I nod as she walks up the steps.

After I put the lasagna in the oven I sit on the couch. My favorite show comes on Catfish! I can't believe that they actually have this show here.

"Ali, look at me!" Rose says running to me.

She is wearing a little white dress with pink shoes, her short hair in little pigtails on the side.

"You look pretty, hermanita." (little sister) I tell her making her smile.

"Alright girls let's go, we are supposed to be there at six." My mom says coming down the steps.

She's wearing a gray dress that looks like a long shirt with a black belt, and long black boots with a heel, that reach up to her knees. I have always been jealous of her body, and styles choices she always looks beautiful.

(She resembles Shakira)

"You look nice, mommy." I tell her hugging her, and so does Rose.

"Thank you sweetheart, let's go." She squeals. "Put you and Rose's coats on." She tells us and I nod.