Chapter 4 School

It's been a week since we first arrived her in Holmeschapel, and so far it's been good! I haven't visited the bakery in a while, and when I did Harry wasn't there.

Today is the first day of school for me anyways. Mom told me that everyone else is in the third trimester so they have learned more than me in the last week.

The uniform looks good on me. I added a lot of make up and not very noticeable eye liner, but just enough to help my eyes not look tired. I put on my huge fake diamond earrings, and a few bracelets. I decided to leave my hair down straight, with a small twist on the side held with a bobby pin.

I woke up really early today to get ready, and have breakfast, I have a short meeting with the principal of the school this morning.

"Ready?" My mom asks taking a picture of me in my uniform.

I sigh my stomach churning. "R-Ready." I stutter.

I may seem confident but in reality I'm a total pussy when it comes to new things. I get scared and nervous by the smallest shit that others would brush off, but no I make a big deal about it.

We pull up to a building that is long is width not so much length. The British flag flies on a flag pole above the school, I'm so used to the American flag.

My legs are shaking and I'm starting to pick at the skin around my nails.

"You'll do great baby girl." My mom assures me placing her hand over mine. "Let's go." She says taking off her seat belt getting up from the rental car.

We had to stop at the office first telling them who we were, and be patted down by a security officer. When we were done mom was given a visitors sticker, which they gave at my old school too. The walk down the hall is endless and torture, I'm scared shitless.

We come to a door with a gold plaque, with bold black letters that read: Headmistress Smith. If that isn't scary I don't know what is.

"Ah come in, come in." The principal greets us in her British accent, signalling for us to sit. "Alicia correct?" She asks.

"Y-Yes ma'am." I stutter gulping.

I have no idea what she is saying a I really don't care because she is talking to my mom. I take deep breaths, holding my churning stomach, thinking of happy thoughts trying to calm myself.

"Here is your schedule dear. I will grab a student to help show you around." She beams.

I take the paper my eyes scanning it. I get to leave two hours before school actually ends! Yes!

"I just called the English teacher and she is sending someone. Have a great day." She says.

"Mommy I'm scared." I admit hugging her tight.

"I know it's scary but it's just like the old high school, except with people talking differently. You'll do great my baby, I love you." She says kissing my forehead. "Bye!" She waves walking back to the office.

Here we go...

.

.

.

I'm sat in a chair in front of the office waiting for the school bell to ring, and for the person to show me around. No students are even here yet, the teachers ran to their rooms a little bit ago.

"Hey!" A boy shouts down the hall. I don't have contacts yet for distance so I can't make him out.

He walks closer with a bag over his shoulder, his tie loose, and his uniform all baggy.