Chapter 8 Put Downs and Couples

Harry leads us out the small building with his hand still on the small of my back. Harry and I's relationship is bipolar and that is just from knowing him a short while.

"I saw you smack talk that girl back there." He says smirking.

"She was bugging me." I roll my eyes. "She deserved it." I say.

"So you and Will huh?" He says. I scrunch up my face.

"What about us?" I ask.

"You two fancy each other right?" He asks stopping in front of me.

"Eww, no." I say making him laugh. "I mean he's cute, and sweet but I only see him as a friend." I shrug pushing him out my way and continuing to walk.

"He fancies you." He says lingering behind me. I turn to see his head bowed.

"Really?" I ask surprised. He raises his head at my surprised tone.

"So you do like him?" He asks almost accusing me.

(This acoustic Ed Sheeran)

"No...I'm just surprised that someone would actually like me." I shrug. Harry has a confused look.

He walks over to me taking my hands in his, studying my face.

"You really don't know how beautiful you are do you?" He asks slowly and whispering it.

He is so close to me that I can't breathe, his face inches away. His plump pink lips-stop Alicia stop! He continues to look me in the eyes not taking them off of me. I realize that I haven't answered his question.

"N-No...I don't think I am." I stutter.

"Why?" Is all he asks, his thumb running over my cheek.

"I-I'm not as pretty as other girls." I shrug unaware of small tears falling. "I'm insecure and I don't have a good personality, or good looks." Every word punching me in the stomach.

"How can you say that about yourself?" He shouts as if he's angry.

"Harry it's oka-" He turns to me his eyes glossy.

"No! Alicia it's not okay, you saying that about yourself it's in fact terrible!" He continues to shout.

"Harry I'm used to it, I say this all the time." I shrug walking over to him placing my hand on his cheek. "Don't worry about me." I tell him looking into his eyes weakly smiling.

"I'm sorry that you think that way, love." He apologizes.

"Hey, I'm a big girl." I smile at him making him smirk. "I can take criticism from myself any day." I tease.

"You're s'weird you know that right?" He asks, and I nod. "But I like that about you." He says making my heart flutter.

"Thanks I like your curly hair." I say in a British accent making him laugh. "Can you take me home now?" I ask.

"Sure." He smirks and I swat his arm.

"Not like that, pervert." I roll my eyes taking his hand in mine, he chuckles as we walk.

The walk is spent in a comfortable silence as he swings our hands back and forth. We sneak looks at each other occasionally thinking that the other can't see us.

"Hey Harry." An elderly lady says from across the street, waving.

"I'm gonna talk to her is that alright?" He asks.

"Can I come along?" I ask making him smile. He looks both ways still holding my hand as we cross the road.

"Hello Mrs. Harrison." He greets making her smile.

"Hello dear." She greets Harry, she then looks at me. "Who is this lovely lady with you?" She smiles at me.

"This is Alicia." Harry introduces me.

"Hi it's very nice to meet you." I smile at the sweet lady. "You have very pretty fairy lights." I tell her.

"Thank you, Harry here put them up for me." She says.

The thought of Harry helping this elderly woman warms my insides.

"He's a keeper love. Well I won't keep you two from your date, plus I should be heading to bed anyways. You two make a lovely couple by the way. Enjoy your night." She waves.

"No we aren-" I'm cut off by her shutting her door.

"C'mon babe." Harry says pulling on my hand.

While we walk he starts to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I giggle at his laughter.

"She thought we were a couple, and that we were lovely together." He laughs and my giggling stops.

My stomach drops at his words and laughter, I frown and tears threaten to spill. I pull away from his hand and start to run down the sidewalk to the house. I ignore the constant shouts of my name from Harry, and continue to run.

When I finally make it home I rush to unlock the door, I fling the door open then slam it shut, locking it. I slide my back down the door as tears spill.

Was it actually that funny that the lady thought that Harry and I were a couple? I mean I know that Harry has a girlfriend, but there was no need for laughter... or did I over exaggerate? I always make things so dramatic and exaggerate things, I hate that about me.

"Alicia!" Harry shouts from outside the door. "Alicia open the door, love." He says more calmly.

There is a silence, until humming is heard from the other side.

(Isn't She Lovely Harry Styles)

Harry starts to sing instead of hum now. His voice making me cry harder, I pull my knees to my chest burying my face. The way he says the adjectives in the song makes it as if he is using them to describe me.

"Alicia... I'm sorry for whatever happened, babe." He says quietly after he finishes singing.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow, yeah? Meet me before school at the bakery." He whispers through the keyhole making me shiver.

Harry's P.O.V:

I'm not sure why Alicia ran, and I'm not sure why we are both bipolar to one another at times. I pretty much just met her, but we have developed a quick bipolar relationship, in really just a couple days, let alone a week.

It bothered me deeply when Alicia spoke like that about herself, she kept saying put downs. All those horrible words, and adjectives that she said about herself confused, and angered me. I hardly know the girl but the way she treats herself made me angry.

All the girls that I know don't say those things about themselves, but instead boost their self esteems...I think. Or do all girls put themselves down? Girls are confusing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Twitter: @/ letmalikstyles1

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW/SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!