Chapter 12 Happy?

I literally had no idea where I was going so instead I walked back home. I know that mom will be upset but I couldn't help it, I got lost in a small town!

When I got home I just laid on the couch watching this funny guy named Alan Carr, he's hilarious!

I thought for awhile and came up with something... maybe I shouldn't like Harry. I mean the boy has a girlfriend, and we are bipolar anyways. I can be his friend right? I can act like one of the guys to him, I can talk about penises and stuff like that.

  "Alicia Cruz!" Mom shouts from the door walking into the living room. "Why didn't you come to Church?" She asks in a stern voice.

  "I got lost...I couldn't find it." I shrug guilt and disappointment taking over.

  "Didn't Harry walk you? I saw him at the Church with a gir-" I look up at her and she stops.

She walks over to the couch kneeling in front of me.

  "Alicia what happened?" She asks her voice soft and mother like.

I take a deep breath, I just really want to forget about this...to forget about my feelings for him.

  "That girl is his girlfriend, we were walking and she came, and she got jealous, so he left with her." I shrug not speaking in full sentences.

  "Are you alright?" She asks.

"Perfect, never better! I'm just gonna go for a quick walk to get a coffee." I weakly smile.

  "Alright be back before dinner, you invited guests over." She says.

Shit! I forgot about that!

  "Uhm can I just eat upstairs?" I ask. I give her a pleading look.

  She sighs. "Alright I'll just tell them that you aren't feeling well." She shrugs.

  "I'm actually not feeling too well so you aren't exactly lying." I tell her shrugging. Putting my jacket in, and shoes. "I'll be back soon." I tell her.

.

.

.

.

Mrs. Harrison stopped me while I was walking and needed help. She wanted me to hold her cat while she washed the outside window, otherwise her cat would've tried to escape. She offered me money but I politely turned her down, but I looked in my pocket and saw the money tucked in it.

The walk was the same as usual...cold. You would think that I have gotten used to the bitter cold by now, but I really miss the warm sun.

.

.

.

  "How can I help you, dear?" I look up to see Barbara.

I decided to come to the bakery to get some cookies, plus Harry is never here.

  "Hi, can I get those "S" cookies please?" I ask and she nods.

"S" cookies are Italian cookies shaped like an "s" and they are delicious!

  "Here you are deary." She says and I hand her the money. "Have a nice day." She says.

I wave to her and walk out the shop.

Harry's P.O.V:

There she is ordering cookies. She looks beautiful in those gray sweat pants, and crop top. Her hair in a messy bun, with a jacket over her.

When I saw her walk in I asked Barbara to take her order, because I was "busy" with making bread. I saw the way her eyes were dull, and held no brightness.