Chapter 16

On first period we had English. Lucas was nowhere to be found. I was about to fall asleep, when the door knocked.

"Come in" our teacher said

"Sorry for coming late" a familiar voice said and I jumped up.

"Ugh just sit down and don't let it happen again."

It was no other than Lucas. I was staring at him while he was walking to his seat. He looks depressed. I can't stand seeing him like that. Like... What the hell happened?

I couldn't focus on the teacher. I was just looking at Lucas the whole time.

I was waiting impatiently for the bell to ring. I was going crazy.

Riiiingg~~

Ι got up from my seat in no time and made my way to where Lucas was at.

"Hey Lucas...?" I said and he walked pass acting like I wasn't there.

I felt a pain in my chest like I was getting stabbed. My eyes got teary. I couldn't believe what was happening.

I didn't know what else to do, so I run behind him.

"HEY" I grabbed his arm and turned him around. "What's wrong?" I said softly, trying to hold in my tears.

He let out a deep sigh.

"I guess I have to explain sooner than I thought..." He mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Ahhhh... Let's go out after school. At the park. I need to tell you something.. It is very important" he sighed

"Ummm..ok. See you later I guess.."

And with that he left.

I was stunned. I couldn't move. People walked past me and just stared at me.

The bell rung and I didn't even have the courage to go to class.

I run to the back of the school. I sat down on the ground and cried.

I was scared. I felt broken.

I don't even know what is going on, but I don't have high hopes.

I took out my phone and texted the girls that something came up and I couldn't hang out with them.

I walked back and forth trying to think of a possible explanation for this, but.. Nothing.

This is the first time in my life, I see Lucas like that. He is always happy and cheerful. I just feel sad at the thought of Lucas not being happy.

The day went on slowly. Like I was waiting for months.

I quickly went to the park. And Lucas was already there, sitting under a tree. He seemed to be in deep thought.

I approached and sat next to him.

I'm not ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~