Lives of Glass- Preview

The flame of a lone candlelight illuminated the dusty old room of a two-story, fairly large cabin. A man sits at the desk in which the candle lays, a pale orangy wax dripping down the sides.

The man, sitting on the beat-up desk, begins writing a letter, the ink of his quill dancing elegantly along the thick, rough paper.

As he takes in his last breaths of air, the man writes his final words to the world. "It was a good life, in a bad world, and I, now more than ever, wish it not to be so."

Just seconds later, men dressed in fully plated armour stormed in, grabbing the man by his shoulders and escorting him out.

A woman, the man's wife, stood feet away, sobbing and holding her ten year old and three year old sons. Placing a soft, shaking hand over their eyes, as the men in armour throw the man down on the ground.

Finally, in his final words, the man utters a quick, yet meaningful, "I love you," to his wife and kids, right before he is shot three times, body left there as they left.

The men in armour had done their job. They are known for not cleaning up the job they finished. The woman wiped tears from her eyes and ushered her, confused and crying kids, to their rooms.

When she walks back downstairs, a shaky gasp of breath leaves her lungs as she kneels down, staring at her husband's lifeless body.

Forever widowed, the woman shall be.

Hi there! Me again. I have decided that I will be posting a new story here. I dont know if I will post it as an actual story, but still! Bye loves❤💙💚💛💜🖤💖💞