A Distant Memory

"Where are you taking him? He has barely even woken up!" Monica Hannon exclaimed, brushing her hands on the floral apron she was wearing, riding her hands of the soapy water she had been using to cover the dishes.

Three large men, all very obviously not human, sat at her dining table, each of them very eager to get up and leave with the sleeping Achilles in their hands. The one wearing the mask, Leon, had finally stopped the tears that seemed to have unexpectedly poured out after seeing his bestfriend after years without him. Devin, who had already taken his hood off in respect of the old woman, seemed as patient as ever, his posture like that of a calm father. The third man, who was slightly smaller than the other two but just as muscular, had beautiful purple eyes and just as much leather clothing as the twins.

"We understand your concern ma'am, but Achilles is our friend and we are worried for his health and safety," Zayne tried to explain, unsure of what to say to get the woman on his side.

"Well then explain to me the situation first, and maybe I'll think about it," The woman said, sitting down next to Devin and staring sharply at them. The three adults exchanged glances and nodded, seeming to have made a mutual agreement through some sort of telepathic communication.

"Very well, but you have to promise that afterwards we will leave. With Achilles, and along," Devin said hesitantly, unsure why they were even trusting a person they had barely met. When Monica stayed quiet, Leon decided to start off their point of view of the story.

"We come from a very strong warrior pack, one that Achilles had worked very hard to get into. After completing the tests, he was given a rank and from there the years went on.

Zayne here is Achilles' familiar, connected with him as a sword spirit. After years of training together, we were forced to go help Achilles' old pack, who by the way are all douche bags.

Achilles was then taken and nearly raoed and beaten to death and from what we know he was saved, but not by us. After we found remnants of the place he was held captive and received a letter from an anonymous source, the search was over. Our greatest leaders had died and Achilles, being one of the rhe strongest warriors, was supposed to become a leader as well. Unfortunately, it took us five whole years to find him, and now that we have done so, we wish to take him home," Leon tried to tell the story as simple as possible, so as not to confuse the poor old woman too much. The werewolves had already frightened her before, no need to add confusion to the mess.

Monica seemed deep in thought by the time Leon had stopped talking, but the guys just left her to her own hind. Finally she decided to come back from wherever she was in her mind and speak up very urgently. Monica reached over and grabbed Zayne's arm, squeeze it with that old lady squeeze that always hurts more than it looks.

"Listen here boy. I am a witch, in case you didn't know," This information shocked the two werewolves but not Zayne. As a familiar, he could feel her connection to the spiritual realm as a carrier. "And I can see what might happen if you dont keep him here with me. He will be killed- by what, I dont know. I'm too old and my brain is fuzzy, but it's true!"

The three young men looked at each other, all thinking the same thinking:

What the hell is this senile lady talking about?

Suddenly a loud groan sounded from upstairs, causing the four of them to stop talking and head straight for the stairs. Monica pushed the three men out of the way, scowling at their annoyingness.

"Could you please stay down here? I dont want to suffocate him with so many people," She said, not even giving anyone a chance to answer before walking up the stairs with a fresh cup of water that had somehow appeared in her hand.

"Morning darling. How do you feel?" Monica asked, sitting on the bed and setting the water on the bedside table. Feeling the mattress move, Achilles rubbed his eyes to become more aware.

"Morning," He said cheerily, taking the glass of water from the side table and chugging it down in four gulps, not stopping to breathe for a second

"Do you remember anything, hun? You seemed pretty concerned when you last woke up, like you had forgotten something extremely important," Monica described, intertwining her hands on her lap.

Achilles nodded slowly, setting the glass back down quietly and try to sit up, helpful assisted by Monica while doing so.

"Its very fuzzy, like a distant memory, but I remember my name, favorite food, and Azazel," Achilles said, forehead creasing at the mention of the elf in his memory that had consumed his mind. He decided to tell her about him to get some answers.

Maybe she knows who he is, He thought as Monica looked at him skeptically.

"Azazel? You dont mean you met someone with that name, do you?" Monica pressured slightly, knowing begging for answers was dangerous while he was in that state but not necessarily caring. Azazel was not a name to be messed with. If someone is named that from birth or even nicknamed that, it means they have gone through some terrible hardships that even the strongest of men couldn't bear. The name meant fallen angel, the equivalent to a broken soul. Those named Azazel had a past like a piranha and the mind of a devil. Most of the time they never seem to get a break, until they were dead.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest. I can barely remember what he looked like, but I do remember the man in my memory clearly said Azazel, and he was crying just like me. But that's it. There's no explanation as to why I can remember that specifically, and almost nothing else," Achilles said, rubbing his head as he dealt a headache coming on.

Monica felt bad for pressuring the poor man, but as a witch it was her nature to be in the know. And so far what she was hearing was very interesting. Azazel has Hebrew origins, which is usually associated with elves or fairies, who haven't appeared in years.

"Very well, hun. Take these clothes and get dressed. I'll be coming with you to your warrior pack to make sure you are cared for," Monica stated, matter-of-factly. She felt sort of bad for taking advantage of his illness, but an elf or fairy appearance is exceptionally rare. But an elf or fairy named Azazel? Even rarer. Elves and fairies are the purest of the mythical races, and usually have neatly perfect lives before adulthood.

Achilles nodded his head hesitantly, looking down as he waited for the woman to exit. Realizing this, Monica stood up and walked out, taking the empty cup with her to refill.

When the woman made it back downstairs she was immediately swarmed by three large men eager for answers.

"Shut it, will ya? I'm old, I can only handle one at a time. Now, before you ask, he's fine," She rolled her eyes, causing three sighs to sound from the visitors.

"Thank you so much for everything you've done for him,"Zayne said, thankful someone was able to while he made his way to find his Master.

"Its no problem, really. Oh, by the way. Achilles is packing and so am I. We should be leaving by dawn," She grinned evilly, leaving no room for discussion.

I can't wait to find out more information, She thought before walking to her very small room and beginning packing, allowing the boys to watch television as she did so.

Hopefully this is a good filler on what basically happened while Achilles was in the elf realm. Please note that time passes slower there than the human realm, and so that's why Achilles doesn't realize it's been 5 years (because it hasn't). BTW how do you guys like the knew theme and cover? I love it!

Hope you enjoyed! <3