Ethel

Through the countless days and possibly nights of rape and torture, Achilles was held hostage in that wretched cell that reeked of something worse than the smell of death itself. Though he didn't know how many days had passed since he last saw the light of the sun beyond those musty iron doors, Achilles had begun to figure out exactly why he was there, and who put him there.

His own mates, the very same men he was destined to live with and love forever, had apparently made a deal with someone the guards called Meadow. From what he could get from the guards, they were just as cruel and unjust as ever, and went so far as to punish their unwanted mate to an eternal suffering, knowing fully that they would not feel the pain or despair of their mate's absence.

It was all thanks to that stupid, deadly treatment that both twins took. Apparently the survival rate for were werewolves was only ten percent, so it was remarkable that at least one did not perish.

Throughout the seemingly endless amount of pain came hope. Although Achilles was already dying from the beatings, iron shackles, and the lust of his mates toward other people, there was one man who became Achilles' single hope in the world of despair they now shared.

The man's name was Ethel, and he was a beautiful elf with wispy brown hair and bright purple eyes that shone even in the darkest of times. Ethel had been brought into the same cell as Achilles long after the werewolf had arrived, but it was not long after when the two became friends through the small amount of communication they had.

"Hey, can you talk?" The man asked in a deep voice that cracked every once in a while, making him sound like a pubescent teen. When Achilles did not respond, the man sighed and adjusted his own chains with a wince.

"Um how about you tap twice if you can't talk?" Ethel suggested in an uncertain tone. The two waited in silence for a while, until finally two soft taps on the cold stone floor could be heard by the young elf.

From there the two created a secret code, constantly asking each other questions about each other through it. At times questions would arise such as 'can you talk' or 'are you ok'. These were the most painful questions, and the ones Achilles would simply stay quiet for due to his uncertainty.

It pained Achilles to think that it had been so long since he did anything other than scream or cry, that he himself didn't even know if he could talk. It wouldn't be useful, if he could, for the right chains and muzzle made it nearly impossible to move a muscle, which made even breathing increasingly hard.

There was one time, on an extremely hot day, when a group of men and women with evil looks on their faces entered the room and began assaulting Achilles. At that point, he had given up, and didn't show his pain much more than small occasional whimpers and a scrunched up face. Never once did the group of about five people even glance at Ethel, instead focusing their attention solely on Achilles.

This proved to be something Achilles was happy about, because he knew that at least one person was being protected thanks to his suffering.

"Tap. Tap," Are you ok?

The sound came from Ethel, who had been staring at Achies as he dozed off into dangerous places in his mind, causing tears to slowly roll off the pale man's face like a child being punished.

"Tap. Tap. Tap," Yes.

Achilles was, to be honest, not okay at all. The man was tired and in pain, and he was beginning to lose too much blood thanks to the thousand pound chains wrapped around every limb of his body.

Achilles could see the elf nod thanks to a nearby torch that illuminated a red light, showing Achilles only enough for him to get a glimpse of basic features such as hair and skin color. The werewolf was about to tap a question back to Ethel when a loud explosion from above them shook the room and sent crumbs of rock into the tiny rusted cellar.

"Shit, what was that?" Ethel growled, looking over at Achilles and squinting, trying to see even the slightest bit of his face.

Achilles, of course, did not answer and stayed completely still, something he had mastered from the time he had been locked in the cellar. The two men waited for a few minutes, both listening intently for any sign of movement from above. It was not long before they got a response.

Loud growls and the sharp noise of metal clashing with metal could be heard from above, causing a grin to appear on Ethel's face.

"Wait, I think we're getting out! Maybe someone has come to save us!" The hopeful man exclaimed, beginning to make as much noise as possible with his shackles and the cold rock floor.

It was not long before the two could hear curses and banging on the outer door from behind it, the sound of people shouting and calling an incoherent name. The loud bangs echoed through the room, along with a heavy blast that sent both men in the cell flying, as well as a bloody Achilles into a fit of painful whimpers.

"Oh my Gods! We found him!" A female's shriek sounded throughout the dark cellar. The sound of heels on rock could be hear as the girl rushed to the cell door and dove for Ethel, who sat on the ground silently as he watched the girl wrap her arms around him excitedly.

"Corey! I'm so glad you're here! How did you find me?" Ethel asked, surrounding the girl's body in a tight hug, evidently ignoring the tight chains pulling at his own.

Corey frowned and shook her head, standing up straight and pushing a golden strang out of her hair before speaking.

"Not now, Ethel. We must get you to safety," She said before raising up a hand, pointing a pale finger at the rusted chains. Seconds later, a beam of light was sent straight to the iron chains, and when the bright yellow light disappeared, the iron chains were completely gone, leaving nothing but ashes is it's wake.

Achilles squinted at the scene in front of him. It had been too long since his body had been well fed or hydrated, and even longer since he had moved. The pain of the iron's grip became too much for him, and the man's body fell limp as the chains on his body carved a deep, painful reminder of Achilles' time in that pitiful cellar.

Hope you enjoyed! I really liked this chapter and spent a lot of work on it. There are, of course, still lots of patches in the chapter and story itself, so I would really appreciate criticism and support on anything except my spelling, because I am increasingly aware of it! Anyway, love yall and let's have an awesome 2019!!!<3