Second Chances

"We're home Achilles. Wake up," Devin whispered, shaking the man slowly as he tried to awake the sleeping beast.

A small groan came from Achilles, who was sitting in the back with Monica and Zayne, the twins riding passenger and driver. He slowly peeled his eyes opened and yawned, looking out the window in a slow motion as he tried to wake up.

His eyes grew wide as he noticed hundreds of people walking the gravel paths around the warrior pack, chatting with each other and waving at friendly faces. Everyone had some sort of weapon, all of different varieties, but didnt look the least bit incriminating.

"This is it? The place I lived?" Achilles asked quietly. He had been quieter than he once was, possibly due to the sudden amount of recognition that appeared when he saw certain people. He couldn't place it, but Achilles could tell why he liked this place. It might be a warrior pack, but it seemed more comforting than anyplace he could think of. Except Monica's house in the woods, maybe.

And the glass castle, A voice in Achilles' head suddenly said, causing his ears to start ringing. Achilles moved his hands over his ears, trying to block out the unbearable noise that was ringing in his ears.

"Achilles? What's wrong?" Zayne asked hurriedly, turning to him and looking at his face as it contoured in pain.

"Fuck, my ears. They're ringing!" Achilles growled, holding his head tighter. Everyone else stayed silent, watching the werewolf carefully as he twitched in pain from an unknown source.

Finally, after what seemed like years, the ringing suddenly stopped. When it did so, Achilles felt his chest tighten, making it feel like his heart had somehow expanded. He held his chest and glared at Leon and Devin.

"Are you going to tell me what's happening or just stand there?" He spit out, unable to move out of the car. Everyone else had already gotten out, including a fascinated Monica, who had an eyebrow raised inquisitively.

"I don't know Achilles. But I have a slight suspicion," Zayne said, giving the twins a knowing glance. The twins nodded simultaneously, confirming the familiar's suspicion.

After Achilles was finally able to move, Zayne and Monica helped him out of the car while the twins went to go meet their families. As much as they wished to stay, their kids might not be too happy about them not coming to see then ASAP.

Zayne and Monica helped Achilles to his room, where he had spent so much time before he was kidnapped and lost his memories. The room looked familiar, and the walls reminded him of a certain memory that he couldn't help but replay in his mind. The paint on the wall looked identical to the color of the wall in his vision.

"Nice, right? You used to love this place. It was technically the first place you called home," Zayne said, remembering all the fighting he had gone through to help his master keep his beloved sanctuary. Achilles nodded on response and layed down on the bed, still in slight pain from when he had woken up not long before.

"Go to sleep, Master. You deserve it," Zayne said, unsure of what to do with himself, as he usually slept with Achilles in case of nightmares. Deciding he would go watch the TV, Zayne walked away and into the small area of the rather large room that acted as a living room.

"I just want to hold him," Zayne whispered to himself, turning the TV on but finding his shaking hands more interesting than whatever drama was on.

After an hour and a half of watching TV, Zayne heard a loud thud from the door. Looking back at the bed, he sighed in relief that Achilles was there. After a few seconds of silence, a loud knock echoed through the room, nearly awakening a sleeping Achilles. Zayne quickly walked up to the door and opened it, scowling at the man who stood before him.