The Trials

Rejection is always hard for werewolves. When a mate rejects you, it feels as though your heart has been torn in half and you can't help but feel like dying, which was the case for Achilles. He continued to cry as he made his way, limping through the forest and screaming in anguish. He wanted to bury himself in a hole and never come out, and never be seen by another werewolf again. But after almost a week of running through the forests and dodging enemies such as angry rogues and curious snakes, he was finally nearing his destination- he could smell it.

Werewolves. Lots of them. The undeniable scent of his own kind was slightly overwhelming, especially mixed with the calming aroma of the forest. The smell of civilization did not mask the undeniable heartbreak, but a small blast of hope sparked in his heart as he reached what seemed close to a stronghold gate.

With large stone towers and an even larger gateway surrounded by huge Alpha-looking werewolves, Achilles' nerves grew. The guards asked him a few questiona and let him pass, nodding there heads stonely and getting back to their posts.

A large, rustic looking town, filled with werewolves of great power with the will to live and the strength to survive, waited in front of Achilles as he gazed at the amazing old school architecture, ignoring his ragged clothes and globs of mud and blood dried all around his body. Finally, he had found a Warrior Pack.

Warrior Packs are one of the only sanctuaries a Rogue is able to turn to. Once kicked out of your pack for whatever reason, you can no longer go back or you will be hunted. So, Warrior Packs were made to help Rogues develop a better meaning of themselves and grow stronger than they might have ever been. Warrior Packs are also very different from other pack. They test your intelligence, strength, agility, and weaknesses through intense simulations. The tests will rank you from Rank One to Rank Five, and werewolves of all Ranks are given the chance to join, long as they pass the simulations. These tests were created for the leaders of these packs to find out who is worthy enough to be let in, so an Omega with great tolerance and willingness will be more likely to join than a lazy Alpha.

By passing different amounts of tests is how the leaders determine whether you stay or go, and what Rank you are. By passing only one test, you are a Rank One and are be the lowest of the pack, so they will be pushed harder than most. By passing two and three simulations, you are Rank Two and Three. This means you have multiple strengths so you will be forced to practice your weaker points as well as learn how to better mask your weaknesses. By passing four or even all five of the tests, you are placed at the highest ranks and given better schedules, living quarters, etc. However, every pack is different. Warrior Packs have a pretty lethal system that, although slightly harmful, tend to work with most recruits. Achilles, being one for challenges and opportunities, was more than happy to take the opportunity of happiness in a strong pack, especially if it means sanctuary from the hell he once came from off or even the cruel reality outside the pack gates.

Once he was past the old looking town, Achilles noticed glances from many warriors being passed around.

"Achilles Basil. It is time for you to start the trials. Good luck," A loud voice on an intercom rang from somewhere near the trees.

Suddenly something hard slammed into his head, causing him to almost immediately black out. Before he did, Achilles felt the slight pressure of a needle being poked into his temple. Then it all went blank.

The 15 year old was becoming anxious, walking through the iron door and gasping at the sight he bestowed upon. A large glass dome, which could be seen from the outside of the pack and rested at the center of the town, looked as though it came straight from the Hunger Games.

Achilles walked through the weird hole in the dome and looked around, immediately feeling confused. Thousand and thousands of trees surrounded the werewolf, causing his wolf to jump in excitement at the seemingly endless amount of nature. Trees and forests had always been one of the only source of happiness, even, as is seems, through the rejection process. A rain forest surrounded him on all sides as he walked through the frightening quiet trees, jumping at every sound. A forest as large as this should not be this quiet.