FIX ME CHAPTER 13

Chapter 13 

AN: I enjoyed writing this chapter in a way I couldn't understand. 

Again, written mainly to satisfy Philjess shipper hearts. This fanfic has no influence to the real lives of the characters. 

Jessica was shocked to say the least. 

She can see from the corner of her eyes, her Mom, Deandre, and her publicist waiting for her reaction. She stared at the video playing in her publicist's cellphone. 

She was speechless. 

"You're not saying anything," came the soft and concerned voice of her Mom, after about a minute of silence. Jessica looked at her. Sure enough, there was a worried look on her Mom's face. 

Jessica tried her best to give her mother a small smile, even though deep inside, she's having an emotional chaos. 

"I'm okay, Mom. I was just... surprised is all," she said, as she finally looked around the room. 

She first met Deandre's eyes. She almost forgot he had followed them to this room. 

Deandre was smiling at her. Encouraging her as usual. Jessica smiled back at him, grateful of his presence in her life, and gave him a small nod, which she knows Deandre will understand as her 'thanks'. Deandre nodded back. 

Then she turned her gaze towards her publicist. Her publicist was frowning at her, but there was no anger on her face. She was merely... disappointed. 

Jessica didn't know whether to feel relieved or not. 

Her publicist held out her hand for her phone. Jessica gave it to her. They were all silent for a few minutes, waiting for someone to speak first. 

As expected, her publicist spoke first. 

"Jessica," she said in a neutral tone. "Do you know what this means?" she asked, looking straight at Jessica. 

Jessica shook her head, not because she doesn't know the answer to what her publicist was asking... it's because she's confused. If that video reached the media, anything can happen. 

"This video, Jessica, is going to destroy your careers. Both of your careers," her publicist answered for her. "What are you two thinking?" she asked, a little exasperatedly. 

Jessica finally found her voice. 

"But... we didn't do anything? We just... sang together," she weakly answered. And it was the truth. They just sang together. "Is there anything wrong with that?" she asked softly. 

Yes, there is, Jessica. You've seen the video. It was so obvious. She mentally told herself, but she shrugged the thought aside as she gazed back at her publicist. 

Her publicist shook her head. There was a mocking smile on her face. 

"Jessica, it isn't all innocent and you know it. You two are in love and don't you even try to deny it." 

Jessica's heart beat faster. But she opened her mouth to speak. 

And no words came out of it. She caught Deandre looking at her amusedly. Then her gaze fell to her Mother. Her Mom looked like she was about to smile. 

What is wrong with these people? Jessica asked herself. 

Then much to everyone's surprise, her publicist started laughing. Jessica's mother joined her in a few seconds. And then Deandre. 

Only Jessica couldn't seem to find anything funny. 

"Why are you all laughing?" Jessica finally asked, her voice tired. Her mother noticed it. She immediately went to her daughter and put an arm around her shoulders.