FIX ME CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3

She is nervous.

Her hands are clammy. Her heart is racing. Her mind is blank.

Yes, she is nervous as hell.

"Penny for your thoughts, Skinny Mini Me?"

Jessica jumped in surprise at the sound of the voice.

It was Colton's. She almost forgot the people she's with. That's what that guy does to her.

She smiled at him and shook her head.

Colton, as usual, doesn't seem to believe her because he once said he could see right through her, but he didn't comment and went back to chatting with Skylar, whom, Jessica noticed was flirting a little.

She smiled at her two friends. Skylar has a crush on Colton. Everyone knew that.

Well, except for Colton. Guys really are naïve.

Jessica turned her attention to the other people in the van: Elise, Hollie, Heejun, and Joshua. All seven of them are on their way to the hospital where Phillip is recuperating.

Phillip.

Damn.

And just like that, a simple thought of him sends her heart to bedlam.

"Hey, Jess."

Another blessed diversion. This time it was Heejun who interrupted her thoughts. He was seated right behind her. Jessica felt a little gratitude towards him for diverting her thoughts away from Phillip.

Just a little gratitude though. Because as she turned to face him, the look on his face tells her he's planning something not good.

Jessica automatically narrowed her eyes at him. Heejun smirked and leaned over to whisper something to her.

"Hey, BB," he said. "I know your secret."

"What secret?" Jessica asked, trying to sound cool, but on the inside, she was literally panicky.

Heejun just smiled and simply answered, "You and PP."

Then to Jessica's horror, he formed his hands into a heart and started moving his fingers, giving the idea that it's beating.

Jessica blushed and hit his hands. "That's not true," she said and then turned away from him. She leaned back on the seat.

Heejun being Heejun, leaned forward again and whispered, "aren't you excited? You'll see the Big Ape. He needs his banana. You are his Jessica Banana."

"Heejun!" Jessica blurted out so suddenly that every activity inside the van stopped.

There was silence.

Jessica blushed scarlet. Colton looked from Jessica to Heejun.

"What did you do to her?" he asked Heejun accusingly.

Heejun just shrugged innocently. "I just said Phillip might want bananas. Jessica should buy him bananas. It's good for his health. Jessica just got---"

"I just got annoyed. He was annoying me," Jessica answered, cutting Heejun's words before he can say anything stupid.

"I was about to say defensive," Heejun muttered, which, thankfully, only Jessica heard.

"Are you sure?" Colton asked her, worry evident in his eyes. Jessica nodded.

"Of course. Don't be such a worrywart, Colt. I'm fine. I'll just ignore Heejun. It's the best way."