8. Apples

It was 9:05am when customers started to trinkle in and out. A couple of servers got in right before it got too busy for my Rikki, Zane, Sophie, and me to handle.

By lunch break, at around 1pm, the café was packed but mainly due to Bella's band who were doing a sound check.

I decided to get an apple from the café and eat outside on the dock, like I have before. Good thing I had a big breakfast, an apple isn't good to have everyday.

"Hey." Zane said surprising me, "I see that you've been stealing apples." He sat down beside.

"No, Sophie said that if I give her some of my tips then it's fine." I explained.

"Well why are you eating apples everyday? I thought that Cleo would have made you some lunch."

"Mm-hm" I shook my head, "There is no reason for her to do that, I'm not going to be staying with her, so..."

"Why n-" he started

"Scheduleing problems...
miscomuncations" I quickly said. I sad that I won't have a roommate.

"Then who are you staying with?"

"I'm not sure. Rikki's house is too small, Lewis is staying with his parents who also have to share with his brothers, long story, and Bella's house is too far away and I don't have a car" I looked down and realized how bad of a situation I am in.

"You know it's tough if you were considering living with lewis." He said with such a straight face that it gained a chuckle from me.

"Yeah, I mean now my last hope is Will. And if I can't stay with him then the café it is."

"Well good luck with that. But in all seriousness, if you need help just tell me." He said as he stood up behind me
"Hurry up with your apple or else you'll be late." Zane was cold but was still worrying about me?...He is so confusing.

I turned around to get up but from the corner of my eye, I saw a stray little boat carrying someone with waving hands desperately trying to get my attention.

"Hey! Can you help me?!" Said the boy that was about a few yards. away.

"Yeah! Just throw the rope!" I yelled back. I was confident I can catch it because his paddling hands was closing the distance.

"Thank you so much, you're a life saver!" He said untie his rope, "My engine suddenly stop and I got lost steering away from the bigger boats!" He yelled/explained.

He was carefully getting ready to throw his thick rope. I had managed to catch the end before the rest went into the water.

I started to reel it in. 6ft left until he can reach the dock. I raised my hand to place to in the next part to pull some more - but Zane snatched the rope to pull in the rest.

He completely disregarded my existence again as he continued. When the boat was close enough, he gave the rope back to the man to tie.

He quietly pulled me aside, leaving the other guy to make a strudy knot to keep the boat from leaving in the waves.

"What was that?" Zane whispered angrily.

"You're asking me?" I retorted.

"I just saved you from showing a little too much".

"What are you talking about? I was just helping him".

"The rope was wet. And if I can see it from the café, you should have also noticed."

"And what were you doing exactly? Just staring at me?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I was just cleaning the table outside" he said defensively, "and then I realized that that should be your job. Now get back to work. " he continue with his bluntly rude tone then he left to return to his office.

He left me staring at the air where he once was. I was so frustrated with him and it's barley my 3rd day here.

I was snapped out of it when the guy spoke. "Hey, umm, thanks for helping me." he said with a smile.

Tan skin? Bright eyes? Checks all the boxes for dream guy. He looks a bit older than me but not that old, around 20-23, which was a plus for me.

"Sure. No problem, so what's your name?"

"Oh I'm Caleb. Caleb Reese. And you?" He extend his hand for me to shake.

When we touched, I got a vision of a dark cave. I was walking up to the water then I sat down so that only my feet would be in the pool. I looked surprised/scared because right after my legs turned to a tail, I saw the back of 2 guys, one shorter then the other.

I quickly let go. I was terrified that this will happen sometime soon.

"I-I'm Reina Ra-" I stuttered, still shaken up.

"Reina!! Get back to work!!" I turned and saw Zane ordering from inside next to Rikki.

"Yeah! quit flirting, and come help!" She exclaimed. Obviously proud of her joke.

I turned back around and gave an awkward smile. "Yeah, I gotta go." I turn to go back and left with my head bowed.

"Thanks again. Bye Reina~." He said in whimsical way.

"Bye." I said. I was so confused and scared, either way I had to tell them.

When I got inside I quickly pick up a pen, and started to write on one of the notebooks to take orders, that i found on the counter. I took 2 pages out.

One was a list of things that I noticed in the scenario that popped in my head with as much details I can recall. The other was a quick sketch of the cave. Now that I look at it, it doesn't really look like the Moonpool at Mako island. But I'm still going warn the girls just in case I'm wrong.