T W E N T Y - N I N E

*2 years later*

Jonah Marais

"Hey guys I'm gonna go to Starbucks. You guys want anything?" I asked the boys.

Last year I became apart of a boy band called Why Don't We. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

There was a mix of no and no thanks.

"Yeah sure Daniel I'll buy you a chocolatey chip frappichino any day!" I teased him.

"Dude I'll fight you" he joked squaring up.

The boys chuckled. I left the house and drove to Starbucks. I decided to just drink my coffee in there.

"Hi could I have a venti blonde roast coffee please?" I ordered. "For sure. Could I have a name please?" The barista said.

"Jonah" I smiled. "Okay" She said while writing my name on a cup.

I went over and waited for my order. The girl behind me started ordering. She was pretty.

She had mid-length dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Jonah?" The barista called my order. Instantly the girls attention snapped to me. A fan maybe?

I grabbed my drink and sat down at a table. There was limited tables in there so the girl ended up sitting at the table next to mine. Except across from me if that makes any sense.

She was sitting on her phone. She reminded me a lot of Riley. The way she walked, what she ordered, her voice.

I kept glancing at her until she noticed. "I'm sorry is there a problem?" She asked as kindly as possible.

"No sorry. You just remind me of a girl I used to know." I said. "Tell me about her." She said sitting at my table.

"Well, She was funny, she had brown hair at the perfect length, gorgeous blue eyes, she was so kind and generous, she was easy to talk to, but she uh she disappeared 2 years ago..." I said looking out the window.

"What was her name?" She asked. "Riley Rivera." I replied. "Ohhh you were her boyfriend weren't you?" She said.

"Yeah" I replied. "I still think she's out there somewhere. Like maybe she's traveling the world. Backpacking in Europe. I think she's okay." The girl comforted me.

"Yeah. I hope so" I smiled. "So what's your name?" I asked. "Ashlyn" she smiled. "I'm Jonah" I said.

"Nice to meet you Jonah" she said. "Nice to meet you too Ashlyn" I said.

"Maybe we can hangout sometime" I suggested. "Yeah that'd be cool" she nodded her said.

"Are you free now or do you have to be somewhere?" I asked. "No I'm free" she said. "Would you like to come over?" I asked.

She seemed a bit hesitant.

"Don't worry. I live with some other friends of mine. I'm sure they'll love you." I said.

"Okay" She said.

"Okay my car is just out here" I said as we walked to my car. We got in and I pulled out and drove to the house.

The car ride we asked each other questions and got to know each other more. We pulled up to our house and she was in awe.

"You live here?" She said. "Sure do" I said unbuckling.

I opened my door and she's still staring at the house. "You coming?" I chuckled.

"Oh uh yeah" she said getting a bit red.

She got out and we walked up to the front door. "Ooh Jonah brought home a giirrll" Corbyn teased.

Daniel gave me a worried look.

"Corbyn!" I playfully scolded him. The boys were all in the living room. "Guys this is Ashlyn" I introduced her.

"That's Corbyn, Jack, Zach, and Daniel" I said pointing to each of them.

"Hello" she smiled. The boys said either hello or hi or hey.

Ashlyn and I found a seat in the living room. "Jonah" Daniel whispered getting my attention.

I looked at him. He motioned his head to leave the room. I assume to talk about Lenna.

We went into the back bedroom. "What?" I asked. "Have you just given up on Riley?" He asked. "No!" I said.

"No I just- I- she r-reminds me of Riley." I stuttered.

"She reminds you of Riley?" He repeated. "Yes" I said. "How? She's looks nothing like her." He said.

"Okay but her voice, the way she walks, she even has the same order as Riley" I explained.

"Woww she's exactly like Riley" Daniel said sarcastically. "Whatever. I like Ashlyn. I think she's cool." I said. "You think she's cool?" He repeated.

Jack Avery

"So Ashlyn, how old are you?" I asked. "20" she replied. "What do you do in your spare time?" Zach asked. "Well I play guitar, I sing sometimes, and I love reading and writing." She replied.

"Where are you from?" Corbyn asked. "Here" She said. "Cool" I nodded my head.

Then Daniel and Jonah came back.

"I hope they didn't scare you too much Ashlyn" he teased her. "No they were nice" she smile as he sat next to her.

"Oh that's good" Jonah said.