F O U R

I was still super scared so Jonah sat in the back with me.

I didn't mind that.

"You Okay?" Jonah asked looking over at me. "For now" I nodded still on the verge of tears.

We pulled up to her house. Luckily, her parents never met Rick so if we say he's on a business trip somewhere they won't suspect anything.

That's exactly what we did. We said that Rick was on a business trip for a month in Dubai.

They bought it.

We went up to Alex's room and I sat on her bed. "What do you wanna do?" Alex asked. "Can we watch a movie?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah sure. What one?" Alex asked.

"I don't know. Just something to take my mind off of what just happened." I said.

"Okay then shouldn't we go to the basement?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah. Let's go." Alex replied.

We went into her movie room that she had. Her parents are lawyers so you can piece that together.

There were six seats. Three in two rows. The seats were more like mini vertical couches and were pretty wide.

I laid in the one next to Jonah's. We ended up watching
'The Amazing Spider-Man'

My favourite movie.

I was so focused on it I didn't even realize Jonah and Alex had left.

Jonah Marais

Alex took me into the guest bedroom to talk. "What's going on with you and Riley?" She asked.

"I dunno." I shrugged. "I kinda like her" I grinned.

"Kinda?" She asked.

"Well I did meet her today so I don't know." I said. "Well you should get to know her better." Alex said.

"I was planning on it." I said before Riley found us. "What're you guys doing?" She asked.

"Talking." Alex said.

"Yeah." I agreed smiling at her.

"We should go for ice cream" Alex said.

"I don't know about that" Riley replied. "What if he finds me?"

"We can go to one that's far away. Plus it's like 11pm" I said comforting her.

"You guys sure?" She asked. "Yes. We're sure" Alex replied.

"Okay" she gave in.

We all went upstairs and Alex told her parents we were going out. They didn't care much. We ran out to Alex's car and got in.

I still sat in the back with a Riley because I wanna make her feel safe. The three of us jammed out to the radio.

'Say You Won't Let Go' by James Arther came on and I thought of Riley.

Is it normal to have feelings like this in only a day?

I just can't get her off my mind. I smiled at her. She smiled back.

Finally, we got to the ice cream place by Santa Monica Peer.

It was late, but we didn't care much. It was May so it was warm out. We sat under the peer with our ice cream and talked about life.

Alex brought up how I can sing.

"Wait you can sing?" Riley asked.

"Oh right. Riley here loves a guy that can sing" Alex said.

"Can you sing something?" Riley said ignoring her.

"I don't know...." I said scratching the back of my head. "Please, it will may my day 10x better" she begged.

"Alright alright. Fine." I smiled.

I sing Amnesia by 5SOS. Riley was next to me on the verge of happy tears. "Dude you good?" I chuckled stopping the song in the middle of a line.

"Yea" She said wiping tear off her face.

"Aww" I smiled and hugged her. "Seriously though" I laughed again.

"Yes yes" she chuckled.

"Just checking" I said.