T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Jonah and I walked upstairs. Daniel and Alex were holding each other.

"Aww my ship!" I said putting my hand on my heart. "Yeah yeah." Alex blushed. "What do you guys wanna do today?" I asked.

"We should go to six flags" Alex said excited. "Do you guys wanna?" Daniel asked Jonah and I.

We looked at each other. "Sure. Fine with me." Jonah said. "Yeah sounds fun." I said looking at Alex and Daniel.

"Okay. Everyone be ready by 1:00" Daniel said.

I checked the time, 11:14am.

We got time. Jonah and I decided to head upstairs to his room to hangout for a while before we had to start getting ready.

I sat on his bed and he sat in a chair across the room. Alex and Daniel had left to go grab some brunch.

I was trying to tell Jonah a story. "So she didn't respond to me for like a...Jonah?" I tried getting his attention away from his phone.

"Jonah!" I yelled.

"What!" He yelled back. "What's you're issue? You've literally been on you're phone like 24/7 lately. You never pay attention to me when I'm talking." I said angrily.

"Oh my god Riley you are so damn controlling sometimes!" He raised his voice.

"Controlling?! How the fuck am I controlling?" I yelled.

"'Ooh Jonah can't talk to Blair because I have to have all the attention to myself. I can't stand Jonah talking to another girl.'"
Jonah mocked me.

"Oh my god I'm sorry I have trust issues!" I said walking out his room and onto the staircase. "Okay my bad you have this big ol' scary man that abused you. How does that have anything to do with trust issues?" He yelled.

Third person pov

"I don't expect you to understand but when I was 3 my own fucking parents SOLD ME to Ric because THEY COULDN'T AFFORD TO KEEP ME!" Riley yelled.

Daniel and Alex had walked in remembering Daniels phone on the counter.

"YEAH WELL MAYBE YOU DESERVED IT!" He yelled. Instantly regretting his comment, you could see the hurt in Riley's eyes from a mile away.

Everyone was shocked at what Jonah had just said, including Jonah himself.

Tears formed in Riley's eyes as she shook her head and walked down to her room beginning to cry.

"What did I just do?" Jonah said about to cry.

"You fucked up, is what you did." Alex said grabbing Daniels phone off the counter and leaving.

Jonah sat on the stairs and rested his head in his hands.

"God no...I messed up so fucking bad..." Jonah began to cry.

Riley as soon as she made it to her room, she shut the door and dived into her bed, crying into her pillows.

She was so hurt.

Yet she loved him so much. She just cried and cried for what felt like hours.

Jonah Marais

I sat on those stairs for the longest time. I need to make it up to her. I can't fuck this up.

I got up and grabbed a notebook and a pen. Then started writing an apology letter.

"Riley,
I am so so so so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I never wanted to hurt you. And I know what I said hurt you like hell. I really don't ever wanna hurt you like I did today. I love you so much Riley, you do not understand. I don't want us to be on bad terms. This is our first fight and it's pretty awful for a first fight. But I really wanna make it up to you. I know I've been on my phone a lot lately and I'm sorry for that. I promise for now on you are my #1 priority. Make no mistake of that. I love you so much, even if you stop loving me, I won't ever stop loving you. I understand why you have trust issues. I think it's safe to say you won this argument. I lost big time. And that's okay. Losing an argument is better than losing you. That's the last thing I want to happen. I know sometimes I can be a bit distant, but just know, I will always always be here for you, no matter what we're going through. It doesn't matter if you killed my parents, I will still back your story up and be there for you. Because I love you Riley. I really do. If you don't forgive me, I understand.

-Jonah"

I folded it up and put it into an envelope and wrote Riley's name on it.

By now it was around 1:30pm. Alex and Daniel went to six flags on their own, which I was fine with.

I grabbed the envelope and walked downstairs. I walked up to Riley's door and slid the envelope underneath.

I heard Riley walk over and pick it up. I waited for about a minute. Nothing.

I waited at her door for about 10 minutes before walking upstairs. God damn it.

Why the fuck did I say that? What's wrong with me?