T W E N T Y - F O U R

Alex Parks

Daniel and I drove to six flags singing to the radio and goofing around. He's just so cute.

"So what do you think will happen with Riley and Jonah?" Daniel asked turning down the radio.

"I don't know. I know how much Jonah loves her. Same with Riley. They are literally so in love. It's crazy. But Riley isn't the most forgiving person either. It might take her a while." I replied.

"I really hope that they're gonna be okay. I see how happy they make each other." Daniel said.

"I mean yeah. Seeing the change in Riley ever since she met Jonah is crazy. Like before she met him, she was so depressed and closed in. She wasn't happy. But then Jonah came along and her life was turned upside down. She was so much happier. She always had a smile on her face when she was with him, always. I don't want Riley's happiness to go away just like that." I explained.

"That's deep." Daniel said. "Yeah." I said.

Daniel grabbed my hand and stroked his thumb on my hand. "I'm excited." I smiled at him.

"Yeah me too. Today is gonna be so fun." Daniel replied.

We pulled up to six flags and parked. We got out of the car and walked over to the ticket booth and got out wristbands then we walked into six flags.

"Where to first?" He asked. "The Batman ride!" I exclaimed.

"Alright Babe, to the Batman ride." Daniel said holding my hand and swinging it back and forth.

-

Daniel and I rode so many rides. I had so much fun. Daniel on the other hand was scared for his life.

It was so funny.

It was around 9:00 and the sun was going down. "Ferris wheel?" Daniel asked. "Sure" I smiled.

Daniel and I walked hand in hand over to the Ferris wheel. We got on and the ride started.

I sat next to Daniel. Our hands still intertwined on his lap. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

We got to the top and it stopped.

The sunset was gorgeous.

He kissed my forehead. I never wanted to leave this moment. Daniel was my first real boyfriend, and he was doing a pretty good job at it.

The ride started moving again and took us back to the bottom.

We got off and started walking again. He held my hand and swung it back and forth.

I giggled.

"You are so cute." He smiled. "Thanks Babe right back at ya." I replied.

After that we didn't do much. We just walked around for another 30 minutes before heading back to my house.

"I had fun today." I smiled at Daniel as he pulled up to my house. "Me too." He smiled back.

I kissed him goodbye and walked back inside.

Riley was sitting on the couch watching tv. I could still see tear stains on her cheeks.

"Hey Ry" I said sitting next to her. "Hey." She said quietly. "How are you?" I asked genuinely.

She shrugged.

"Look, I know what he said hurt you. But I know he regretted it the second after he said it." I told her.

She stayed quiet before handing me a piece of paper. I unfolded it and read through it.

"...Because I love you Riley. I really do. If you don't forgive me, I understand.

-Jonah"

I finished reading.

"Well do you?" I asked. "Do I What Alex?" "Forgive him?" I said. "I mean Alex I love him so much. And I couldn't bare to lose him. I just need space away from him right now." She replied.

"Okay. Do you wanna go get brunch with me tomorrow morning?" I asked her.

"Sure." She fake smiled.

Daniel Seavey

After I got home I called Jonah to see how we was.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, it's Daniel. How you feeling?" I asked. "Pretty shitty to be honest with you." He replied.

"It'll be okay man. I promise. I see how much she loves you. I know how much she loves you." I said.

"I wrote her a letter." He stated. "Saying?" "Basically just how I was wrong, and how I never meant to hurt her, and I never wanna lose her, and I understand why she's so hurt and broken inside. Ya know. Stuff like that." He replied.

"What'd she say?" I asked. "Nothing. I haven't talked to her since the fight." He replied.

"Oh man. That must really suck." I said.

"Yeah. It does." He replied.

"Hey do you wanna catch some food with me tomorrow morning?" I asked. "Yeah sure I guess." He replied.

"Okay cool. I'll pick you up at 11:00am. That cool?" I asked. "Sounds great." He replied.

"Okay. See you then." I said. "Okay. Bye." He said.