S I X

Jonah Marais

We sat on my bed and looked at each other. "What do you wanna do?" She asked.

"I don't know" I replied.

She took her phone out and grinned at me. "Get ready for a show" he said.

'Here's to never growing up' by Avril Lavigne came on. "Oh nooo" I said tilting my head back. She sang the words as she danced around.

Walking around my room.

Then the chorus came. "Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs. With the boom box blaring as where falling in love. Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk singing here's to never growing up"

She yelled the words. She's amazing.

She pulled me off the bed to dance with her. I had fun. After that song, came a slow song.

She put her hands around my neck. And I put my hands on her hips. I stared into her eyes.

We danced around my room until the song ended.

After the song ended she laid down on my bed. I laid down next to her.

"Tired?" I asked turning to her direction. "Yes. I always am" she chuckled.

We sat there in silence for a while just looking at each other. I put my hand on her cheek and rubbed my thumb on it.

*an hour later*

Riley Rivera

Jonah and I were in the kitchen because we decided on making cookies.

I poured milk into a measuring cup and I was very focused on not spilling and getting the right amount.

Jonah was looking at me

"...something wrong?" I said steadily.

"No" he said smiling. I poured the milk into the bowl.

"Could you get the flour for me?" I asked knowing how high up they kept the flour. "Sure" he said reaching up to get it.

He pulled it out and set it on the counter.

"You can do this one" I said smiling. "Okay..." Jonah said grinning.

"So take the 3/4 cup and fill it with flour."
I said. He did as I said.

"Now pour it in the bowl." I said. He poured it in.

"this is fun" he said.

I thought about how rick always made me make him and his ex girlfriend cookies or he would beat me. And even if I did they were never good enough.

It killed my mood.

I was quiet for the rest of the time. I finished the cookies completely ignoring Jonah.

I put them in the oven. "Riley is everything okay? Did I say something wrong?" Jonah asked.

"No" I said looking away. "Riley look at me" he said with sorrow. I looked at him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked putting his hand on my shoulder. I didn't say anything. I just hugged him.

He hugged back.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He said rubbing my back.

He pulled away from the hug. "Why Don't We go to the beach?" He asked trying to comfort me.

"But what about the bruises all over my body?" I asked still upset. "We don't have to go in the water if you don't want to." He said.

"Okay" I smiled.

"Go get changed" he said. "Why?" I asked.

"Well unless you wanna go out in the sun with a thick sweatshirt and jeans..." he said. "Ok ok" I giggled running upstairs.

"I'll be back!" I said.

I rummaged through Alex's drawer and found blue ripped denim shorts, a flannel to wrap around my waist, and a black short sleeve shirt.

I changed then walked back downstairs to see Jonah with blue sunglasses, beige khakis, and a white shirt.

He looked really hot too.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep"