T H E W E D D I N G

Riley Rivera

I stepped into my beautiful wedding dress. It had a poofy Cinderella skirt except white instead of blue with a lace upper half and lace sleeves.

It looked gorgeous on me. Alex zipped me up and put my vail on for me.

I couldn't believe it. Today I was marrying the love of my life, Jonah Marais. I wanted to cry. But I couldn't because it would ruin the makeup that the makeup artist spent an hour on.

I was so happy.

My daughter, Emma came running up to me with her little flower crown and dress on. "Mommy I'm hungry." She said tugging on my dress.

Jonah and I had her when I was 21. I'm now 25 making Emma 4.

"Here I have some crackers in my bag." Ashlyn said. "Thank you." I said as she handed the crackers to Emma.

Jonah Marais

My dad tied my tie for me and I looked at myself in the mirror. "It's the big day." My dad said patting my shoulder.

"I'm so excited." I smiled. "That's good. I remember feeling the same way when I was about to marry your mother." My dad said.

I began to tear up. "I can't believe it dad." I said shaking my head.

"Come here man." He said hugging me. I hugged him trying not to cry. But failed. I'm emotional.

We pulled out of the hug. "Your gonna do great man." He said.

I wiped a tear away. "Thank you." I smiled.

The theme for the wedding was black and white. So the groomsmen (Daniel, Zebulon, Corbyn, my dad, Tim) and I all wore black suits while Riley and the bridesmaids wore all white.

"We're ready guys." The wedding planner said peeking through the doorway. We all nodded.

I turned to the groomsmen. "You got this Jonah. You'll do great." Daniel said. "Thanks." I smiled.

The music started. Going up first was Corbyn, then went Daniel then went my dad. Then it was my turn.

I walked up the isle with a smile I couldn't tame.

I got to the front and turned around. Then came Ashlyn, then Alex, then Alex's mom, then my daughter Emma who was the flower girl.

Then came Trevor and Riley. Trevor was giving away Riley for obvious reasons.

I couldn't stop myself. I began to cry. I couldn't believe I was finally getting to marry her.

Riley Rivera

As I'm walking down the isle. Jonah begins to cry. It makes me wanna cry.

I smile so hard and keep my head held high. This was the moment I would never experience again.

My big day. My wedding day. Everyone's watching me as I walk down the isle. It makes me nervous but I ignore it.

My main focus was Jonah. I get to the front and face him. We attach our hands. And the officiant begins to speak.

"On behalf of Riley Rivera and Jonah Marais, I welcome you all and thank you all for traveling a great distance..."

A couple minutes went by.

"I take you Jonah,
To be my lawfully wedded husband,
My constant friend, my faithful partner,
And my love from this day forward,
In the presence of our family and friends
I offer you my solemn vow
To be your faithful partner though sickness and in health, in good times and in bad,
And in joy as well as sorrow,
I promise to love you unconditionally,
To support you in your goals,
To honour and respect you,
To laugh and to cry with you,
And to cherish you,
As long as we both shall live."

I almost cried while saying that. Now it was Jonah's. Which was the same because we were supposed to memorize it.

"Riley, do you take Jonah Marais to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "I do." I smiled.

"Jonah, do you take Riley Rivera to be your lawfully wedded wife?" "I do."

"You may now kiss your bride."

Jonah kissed my lips ever so passionately. This was the most meaningful kiss ever. I loved every second of it.

I got goosebumps just from his touch. Those butterflies still don't go away.

We pulled away as everyone's clapping. "Riley Marais hm?" Jonah whispered. I grinned.

"I love you." I said. "I love you too." He said as we walked down the isle as now Mr. and Mrs. Marais.