Chapter 9: Publicity?!

Chapter 9

By: Amira Kazuki

_______________________________________________________________________

- PERKIN'S CORPORATION-

*Knock* *knock*

"You may enter" A man around mid-30s said as he puffed a cigarette.

"Good Morning,Mr. Perkins. Here's the newspaper that you've requested". Pablo, the secretary  said as he placed it on the table.

The president read the news healine: "DANIEL PERKINS IS MADLY INLOVE WITH KATHRYN BROWN"

"What's this?!! My son chose to be an independent individual in order to ruin his life for some girl?!! UNBELIEVABLE!!"  The president shouted.

"But Mr. Per---" Pablo tried to speak.

"Don't you dare butt in, Pablo! I want you to research about this Kathryn Brown!!! And I want results IMMEDIATELY!!  Are we clear??!"

 "Yes, Boss!"  pablo bowed down and left the office to do his task.

In less than an hour, he returned with a thick envelope with  the needed information:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAME: KATHRYN C. BROWN

BIRTHDATE: APRIL 26, 1994

BIRTHPLACE: UNKNOWN

STATUS: SINGLE

MOTHER'S NAME: UNKNOWN

FATHER'S NAME: UNKNOWN

SHORT BIO:

At 2003, She was found crying alone on the streets, a block away from the burned big mansion. She was brought by nuns at  St. Mary's Orphanage when they saw her. Not long enough, A kind impotent couple named Frank and Mica Brown took her in and raised her as their own.

At present, she tried her luck in the showbiz industry and landed a role in a romatic-comedy movie entitled "You'll Always Be In My Heart" alongside with her leading man, Daniel Perkins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The president nearly tore the papers into pieces.

"This has to stop!!!  Contact them now!!!" He shouted.

"Yes,Mr. President!" 

_________________________________________________________________________

-KATH'S ROOM-

*Yawn!*

It's nice to wake up in the morning when you don't have activities lining up in your calendar, when you can hear the birds chirping, when you can feel the rays of the sun touching your face, when you can sleep all day long,when you have someone lying down beside you..

Wait a minute! I don't remember having a roommate.  I turned around to see my blankets bundled  like mountains beside me. It must be my pillows.

I was about to get off my bed, someone grabbed my arm... causing me to lie down back again.

"Deej?!!" I gulped as I look at him.

He's wearing a Hanes white v-neck t-shirt and a boxer shorts??

I stopped myself from screaming hard. Why? Because we're on an awkward position. again.

He's on top of me, having both of my wrist pinned on the bed.