Chapter 1: The encounter

Chapter 1 : The encounter

by: Amira Kazuki

________________________________________________________________________________

*Ring*...

*Ring*...

*Ring*....

I could hear my phone ring for the third time but i'm too lazy to pick it up. I must sleep some more.

Sorry, I can't get through the phone right now so leave a message after the *beep*..

*Beep*

"Hi, Is this Kathryn Brown? This is Mark Stewart from Star Academy......"

STAR ACADEMY?! I suddenly stood up and rush to answer my blackberry phone.

"Hello? Uhmm.. This is me speaking...".

"Good. We would like to inform you that you passed the audition. So please proceed to Star Academy asap. Got it?".

"Sir. Yes, sir. i'll be there. Thank you for calling, Mr.Stewart ".

"Ok. i'll see you then".

*End Call*

YAHOO!!! I'M GONNA BE A STAR!! Finally, my dream is coming into reality!!

'I'm coming out (I'm coming).. I want the world to know... gotta let it show.. I'm coming out ' I hummed my way to our dining room.

"Morning, mom. Morning, Dad" I kissed them both on the cheeks.

"Good Morning Sweetie. what's gotten into you? You seems so happy". Mom hugged me.

"Oh..nothing... it's just that... i made it.. I passed the AUDITION!"

"Really?...That's great, Kath. But remember, still no BF ALLOWED. ". My overprotective Dad said.

"Yes, Dad. You've told me that many times already and besides no one will ever like me". I pouted.

"Still.. be careful, ok?". They hugged me tight.

"Mom.. Dad.. I love you both." I hugged them and bid farewell.

-AT STAR ACADEMY-

"Holy! This place is so huge, it's like a mansion! How many floors are there?! I could really get lost. Wow! So many stars are here! ". My jaw dropped. Literally.

So, there I was. Acting like a lost puppy. Don't know where to go nor what to do, I kept going on circles. Feeling thirsty, I bought some mango shake.

it's been half an hour already and i'm stuck in the lobby. Ah! I know! I better call Mr. Stewart.

Checking Phonebook...

No "Mr. Stewart" found.

Checking Log Calls...

Unknown number 

call time: 8:00 am

Great! I found his number.

Dialing ...

"Ya! Birdbrain! Watch where you going!". A guy wearing a black leather jacket showed in front of me looking irritated. So irritated.

"OOPS. Sorry.. My Bad". I smiled widely, hoping that he'll go away.

"SORRY?! You just poured some drink on my limited edition shoes and ALL YOU'VE SAID IS SORRY?!"He started walking closer.

My throat ran dry and i'm trembling... Don't panic, Kath. Just.. Don't panic.

"So?". I looked down at his shoes.

Oh. Dear. God. What shall I do?!

"That means it cost more than your life". He suddenly grabbed my shoulders.

"Yeah right. And this jacket of mine is worth a million. Jerk". I started to walk fast but a strong hand pulled me back.

"WHAT NOW?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" My voice is shaking. Please. Make it stop.

"AISH! You don't know who I am?! I'm THE Daniel Perkins". He pinned me on the wall, holding both of my wrist.

His face is so near that I could feel his breath. I tried to escape but still no prevail. He's just there, staring at my face.

"You are one interesting chick". He smirked.

"And you know what? You are one heck of a guy". I could feel his grip lossen up so I took this chance...

to look into his eyes and caress his right cheek

Finally! An opening! Now's the chance, Kath... I kicked him hard as I could. So, Daniel Perkins is vulnerable to sweet talk?!

"ARGH! Come back here!!!". He groan in pain as he ran after me.

Please don't make him catch me.

Please... don't... make.. him....

"Gotcha!"

"Let me go!"

"No"

"Let me go!!"

"Sheesh! Stop shouting. To come to think of it, you're to blame for this."

"Hey! I said LEMME G ----- "

We tripped and ended up falling instead...

Just like that.....

My first kiss.....

was stolen..........................

by a rich conceited jerk named Daniel Perkins.

We're lying on the floor with our lips pressed together on such an awkward position.

Our eyes met and I saw a kind - hearted bastard but I felt like crying, like a hopeless little girl.

On my very first day, I was welcomed by badluck himself.

*Coughs* *Coughs* Someone cleared his throat intentionally.

"You know... displaying a public affection could ruin your reputation. Am i right,Daniel? A middle-aged guy offered his hand to help me stand up.

"Hey!, What's that for?" I heard the jerk say.

So what if i punched him?! That serves him right. He stole my first kiss.

"Ah. You must be Kathryn Brown? By the way, I'm Mark Stewart. You can call me Bro Mark. I'll be your trainer/manager. " 

He reached out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Bro Mark. I'm Kath. I'm sorry about the PDA earlier. If it wasn't for THIS JERK, it won't hap-"

"If i knew, You wanted to kiss me on the first place". There goes his smirk again. His famous irritating smirk.

"So, you two met already? That's great since both of you are cast as lovers on a short film called "You'll always be in my heart".

"Oh ok.". I said, not really digesting the words..

So what was that again??

Both of you..means... Me and Daniel.. is equal to... LOVERS.

Ah........ Lovers.. ..

SAY WHAT????

________________________________________________________________________________ 

Author's Note: What do you think, guys? Did you enjoy? :)