Chapter 29: THE MOMENT OF TRUTH PART A

By: Amira Kazuki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-PHILIPPINES-

"Alright! I'm there already!! Sheesh! Stop pounding the door!! "  A middle-aged woman said as Rommel kept on knocking the door so hard.

"Kathryn Brown!! I need to have a word with you!!" He yelled as soon as the door was open.

"Excuse me?? Kathryn is not here right now and May I know who you are?? You just came here uninvited and shouted at our front door!! ". Margret folded her arms and her eyebrows frowned.

"You don't know who am I?!  I'm Rommel Perkins, the father of the guy that That Orphan Girl is manipulating. That girl is up to no good!!! She's nothing but a gold digger! A trying hard rookie!! Using my son so she could get a taste of luxury! TCH! She should be punish! She------" Rommel was interrupt by a large slap that landed on his face. 

"How dare you talked about my daughter with such insult?!!  You haven't changed a bit! I thought you would somehow change already but no!  You're still  the same Rommel that I knew back then!  Heartless. Arrogant. Selfish and Boastful!! Get out of my sight! Don't make me call the police! Margret slapped him with such anger.

"Ha! What a nerve, woman! You dare to threat me?! I almost own every property that you ever stepped on.  You want me to ban you here?! Wait a darn minute!! Your face!!  Your face is familiar to me.. I know you.....You're Margret Florete?! You're Kathryn's real mother?!"

"Yes... Now please leave before things got rough.". Margret was about to enter their apartelle once more but Rommel prevented it by stopping the door with his hands.

"Looks like we need to catch things up. My darling. Oh, how i miss you so." Rommel smiled wickedly as he went closer towards her as if planning something bad.

"Rommel, whatever you're thinking.. Stop it.... right now! Stop it-------mmmp!" Margret collapsed on the fround  as he fainted. She was knocked out by Rommel's hit on her neck.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Margret was awakened by the sound of the gun being rattled.  She opened her eyes slowly  and found hereself sitting on a chair with ropes around her. She's imprisoned in a large 4 corners. She didn't know where she is!

"So,  you're finally  awake. Your face used to  be angelic but when Jonathan captured your heart,  It changed a lot. You betrayed me! ". Rommel explained.

"We didn't mean to betray you! You're the traitor here! You threatened the Benedicto Company, you insulted my daughter and  now this?! Kidnapping me?!!!!! You made me sick!!!!".  Margret spit with disgust as she tried to break free.

" Shut up!! Your noise is making my ears bleed!!!". Jack, rommel's crew slapped her.

"You touch her again and I'll have your brain scattered everywhere.! She's mine. Understand?". Rommel punched him.

Margret whimpered at her beaten face but her eyes widened at what she saw on the guy's hand. A tattoo!! That familiar tattoo! Could it be that guy... is the same guy who invade their house and captive them and killed her husband?

"You!! i know you! You were the one who invade our home, killed my husband and  beat me!". Margret yelled furiously.

"JACK?! What's the meaning of this?! Didn't i tell you that no witnesses allowed?! You're a bunch of IMBECILES!!".  Rommel scolded his crew again.

"Rommel, you planned all of this?!  How  can you do this to us?!!!!".  

"Tch. As you can see, your husband has some confidential files that might force me to admit. And that, The Perkins Corporation will be close for sure so I stole it from him but i didn't expect  both of you to get in my way. Anyway, Since you're a witness. We might as well kill you right now".  Rommel pointed the gun at her head and pull the barrel. 

"Wait! PLease.. Don't kill me!  Please... I'll do anything.. just don't kill me" Margret begged for her life.

Just  when Rommel was about to say something. Margret's phone rang. He reached into her pocket and took the phone out.

*KATH CALLING*

 "Looks like your daughter wants to  talk to you. Answer it".  Rommel accepted the call and held it into her ear.

"Hey,mom! How are you? I miss you so much!! Korea's such a great place!! Amazing!! So many tourist spots to see! I wish you were here right now. And guess what, mama.... Daniel asked me to marry him!!! Isn't that great?!!  We're finally tied the knot!!". Kath said happily on the other line.

Before Margret could reply, Rommel said "Tell them to come home this instant or I'll blow your head up. Tell them that you'll meet them at the Centennial Park @ 8".  

Margret shook her head and felt her tears fell down from her eyes. She is cornered into difficult situation. She doesn't want her daughter to be in great danger but also she feared death.

"IN THE COUNT OF THREE. I'LL SHOOT YOU........ ONE..........TWO....". Rommel aimed the gun more closer than ever.

"Kath, baby? Please come home now...*sobs*.. I miss you so much already.. Please.. *sobs...I'll meet you ......... later  at the..... Centennial Park @ 8".  

"Ok,mama. See you later. Miss you too! Mwaah!".

-CALL ENDED-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEXT CHAPPIE SPOILER: "NOOOOOOOOO! SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER, ROMMEL!"