Just Love

Prologue

The blaring of the phone awoke Sharen Woods. Turning around trying to reach the phone, she answered in an exasperated voice. "Hello", she said.

"Hey cuz', what's going on?", her cousin Karen replied.

"Nothing much, just sleeping. What's up cuz'?"

"Not a thing. I wanted to know if you'll come chill with me by my grandma for the weekend."

"Of course I would. What time?", Sharen asked while trying get out of her sleeping zone.

"Um, be there around 3." She replied happily. "And bring a couple of dollars."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

As I hung up the phone I thought about all the things my cousin and I have been through. Growing up with Karen was rough. She always teased me about my hair or sometimes my complexion. But, as time went by and we got older, things changed. Our relationship grew and the past was left in the past.

As Sharen got out of the bed, she went to the bathroom to get ready. While turning on the shower she wondered what her and Karen would be getting into today.

As Sharen pulled up in front of her aunts house she noticed a difference outside. Something wasn't the same. Sharen got out of the car and called Karen. But didn't get an answer. She went to the door and knocked. But still no answer.

After Sharen took a moment to calm down she realized that she had a key. She carefully open the door and stepped in and what she saw was enough to send her running.

There was her 22 year old cousin Karen laying in a pool of blood. All Sharen saw next was blackness.