To Be Imprinted On...Chapter Thirty Seven.

Chapter thirty seven

Aiden's P.O.V:

I jogged down the hallway, I searched the whole school for Alexis and I still couldn't find her-I even got the whole pack to help me, seem as I'm the leader and everything they have to do as I say but I promised them I won't be harsh like Kanen was-I stopped at the staircase and heard something crack under my shoe, I stepped back and looked on the floor it was Alexis' charm bracelet, the one I gave her, it's charms sparkled in the moonlight. Maybe it slid off her wrist and she didn't know or maybe she took it off because she didn't want anything to do with me.

I sat on the staircase and took the rose that my mother gave to me out my pocket, my mom gave it to me and said I had to give it to 'the one', the only one for me was Alex and unless I find her, she'll never know.

'That's a pretty rose' I heard a familiar feminine voice say...Alex!-I looked up and turned to my left to see a woman sitting beside me but not the woman I loved. Mrs. Stewart was sitting on the step beside me in her silver floor length, sequin covered, and expensive looking dress. She looked pretty but her face looked sad.

'Thanks' I smiled. 'Nice dress' I gestured to the sequins that sparkled in the moonlight that came from the open window. I felt sorry for her because there were rumors going around the school saying that she's in a loveless marriage that it was totally arranged...I'd hate to be forced into loving someone, especially through marriage.

'Thanks' she muttered. 'Wish I had a nice date to show it off to' she added putting a strong emphasis on 'nice'

'Where's your husband, Mrs. Stewart?' I asked, trying not to sound too nosy. Mrs. Stewart sighed and shook her head.

'At home watching the game-Call me Emily-you see Aiden, my husband and I lead very different lives' Emily explained, picking at the sequins on her dress.

'What's the point of being married then?' I asked, trying not to sound too frustrated at her reply. How can TWO people from TWO different lives find each other and get married? It sounds outrageous to me.

'I let my parents run my life. I got married when I was sixteen to a rich, self-centered jerk who'd rather picture me naked than talk to me and because of that I lost all hope of finding my real true love. The other day I met a guy he's everything a girl like me wants in a guy, sweet, funny, handsome, cute and loaded-don't mean to sound like a gold digger or anything, but yeah-he told me he loved me and at that moment I knew I still had a chance at love. I let my parents ruin me, now look at me I'm twenty-two and still living off my parents and I want to have my own life...my own rules...my own guy' Emily sighed and stared into the emptiness in front of her as if she was dreaming about something.

'Why don't you just divorce the jerk and marry the guy you love?'-your still young...Emily, you have a long time for mistakes but this guy sounds like your last chance...your last shot at love and you can't just let that pass you by' I smiled, for some reason she felt like an older sister to me.

Emily nodded and smiled. 'You know...you kids ain't as bad as I thought you were' I laughed, and hugged her and she hugged me back. 'I'm gonna get in trouble for confiding in a student so I'm going to head home now' Emily stated, standing up and dusting off her dress.

'Thank you' I blurted out, still fiddling with the rose. Emily turned around and looked at the rose in my hand.

'No, Thank you' She whispered. 'Go after her, Aiden, it's your last shot' and with that she disappeared down the hall. How did she know about me and Alex?-we haven't even gone public about being a couple...Melissa probably.

'Aiden...' Paco's young voice called out into the hall, I forgot that they were still looking.

'I'm over here, by the staircase' I replied, standing up and dusting off my suit.

I heard a load of footsteps before the whole pack and their new mates appeared in front of me, I could tell that Kanen imprinted on Melissa...Paco on Iyannah...Tate on Kateri...and Sike on Talise...Finally. It was just me that didn't have a mate...mate-less. Luke then appeared with Daisy on his arm...I knew they'd be a good match.

'Any luck?' I asked, looking at all their faces I could tell how bad their luck was.

'Nope, we even checked the library...Alex always goes there when she's feeling down' Luke sighed, holding onto Daisy's hand.

'What you got there, Aiden?' Kanen asked, pointing to the charm bracelet in my hand, I showed them all and dropped it in the centre of my hand again.

'It's Alexis' charm bracelet...I gave it to her, she must've dropped it when she was leaving....' My voice trailed off as I considered the fact that she didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Sike patted my back. 'Don't worry, Aiden, we'll find her' I gave Sike and the rest of them a weak smile, I feel like how I felt when Alex left for California all over again.

Alexis' P.O.V:

I remained in my position on the bed; I'd been sitting here for ages. The owner of this house must be loaded because this bedroom is the size of my house! My right arm was aching me, I couldn't put it down because my right wrist was handcuffed to a bed post, it's a good thing I keep my phone in my bra, I used my left hand to get it out, when the door opened I quickly tucked it back in.

'Oh good, you're awake' Mr. Samuels muttered entering the room. 'Now you can tell me'

Mr. Samuels sat down on the edge of the bed and smiled at me flashing his fangs, I let out the building gasp that was coming up in my throat.

'Oh sorry about that...' Mr. Samuels said, retracting his fangs. 'I've just had my supper' I brought my legs closer to my chest.

'Where am I?' I demanded. 'And where are my shoes?' Those things were expensive, and if he's done something to them, I'll do HIM something...vampire or not. For some reason I was no longer scared of him, I've gotten used to his threats and his fangs the only thing I felt for him was pity and disgust.

'You're in a bedroom and your shoes are right over there' Mr. Samuels replied, pointing to my shoes at the corner of the room. 'I took them off because you're sitting on a bed...it would be disrespectful to the owner if you were to wear your shoes on their bed' Is this guy serious. Right now? Mr. Samuels eyes my dress as if he recognized it...of course he did, it's my mother's prom dress.

'It's my mothers' I said answering the question he was probably asking himself in his head.

'I know...I bought it for her' Mr. Samuels snapped.

'Why am I here?' I yelled, getting annoyed.

'Because you're going to die' Mr. Samuels smiled evilly. Before he could say anything else I let out a scream from the top of my lungs.

-Cliffhangers-Suck, Don't they??