To Be Imprinted On...Chapter Forty.

Chapter forty

Aiden's P.O.V:

I leapt onto Mr. Samuels and slammed him down onto the hard marble floor, I heard a loud cracking sound, so that meant if he was human he'd be dead, but seem as this guy is a vampire he'd be out for a couple of minutes, I came off of him and looked over to Kateri and Tate who were tending to Alex.

'Is she alive?' Is what I wanted to say but instead it came out in a growl that startled Kate.

Tate stood up with Alex in his arms so that I could see her properly...she looked so limp, I reached to the bond to see what she was feeling, happiness? Why would she be feeling happy when she's dying?

'Aiden, she's breathing but it doesn't sound too stable...we're gonna take her downstairs to patch her up then we're going to your grandfather's house...we'll meet you there' Tate instructed, before slowly walking out the room.

Alex looked a mess, her hair was covered in blood because of the wound in her head, her ankle was swollen...and this is all because of me, I waited too long. I went over to where her shoes were and picked them up with my teeth, trying not to let my razor sharp teeth ruin the shoes that Alex loved so much, Kateri took them from me and patted me on my head.

'Aiden!-Watch out!' Kanen yelled through the telepathy before I felt something sharp in my neck area. I flipped him onto his back; Mr. Samuels recovered quicker than I thought he would.

Kanen and I cornered him, as he crouched in a defensive mode; he had blood dripping from his mouth.

'Kanen, he's tasted my blood...the potion will take its effect...now' I ordered to Kanen to backed away a little. Mr. Samuels' crouch faltered as he fell to the ground and began to scream in agony, his fangs were making a sizzling sound, he clamped his hand over his mouth and looked at us with dangerous eyes.

'What did you do?' he growled, trying to stand up but falling onto the floor again. Kanen went back to phase and came back in a pair of shorts. I went to go phase back too and quickly put my shorts on. When Mr. Samuels saw me...a surprised look appeared on his face.

'You drank my blood...that had vampire poison in it...it'll turn you human' I grinned casually.

Mr. Samuels rolled over and face the wall; I could have sworn I saw him smile as if he was happy that he didn't have to be a vampire anymore.

'Thank you...' Mr. Samuels mumbled, crawling onto a sofa.

'Hey-we didn't say we were gonna let you live, man' Kanen snapped. I rolled my eyes.

'Kanen, wait. What do you mean by thank you?' I asked, putting my hand in front of Kanen to refrain him from beating the crap out of Mr. Samuels.

'You thought I became this monster by choice?' Mr. Samuels chuckled and shook his head.

'You see, I loved my life too much to ever become one of those things...I was a twenty three year old who lived a successful life. The small town that I moved to after finishing school, a few people believed that vampires lived amongst them so they walked around with garlic around their neck...I thought this was ludicrous and didn't follow the crowd. One day when I was on my way home from work, I was kidnapped and handed over to a vampire who put a curse on me before turning me into this' Mr. Samuels sighed and continued.

'Word got around that I didn't believe in vampires...and it was like a game of Chinese whispers, the rumor got twisted around and the vampires felt offended' Mr. Samuels explained, sitting up. Maybe the potion's stopped now. I used my extra senses; I could hear three heart beats in the room, mine, Kanen's and Mr. Samuels.