To Be Imprinted On...Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

Alexis' P.O.V:

I opened my eyes, I was in a white room-everywhere was white. My vision became clearer. I was surrounded by clouds and lying down on one, I sat up. Am I dead?

A woman appeared out of nowhere, she had on a long white dress, and she was beautiful. Her hair was black-just like mine, her skin was peach colored-just like mine, she looked just like someone I knew-Mom.

'Mommy?' I called out to her; I stood up to get a better view-I didn't want to be going around calling random women my mother. She grinned and ran towards me I did the same, she lifted me up in a huge hug and ran her fingers through my hair, when she set me on my feet I placed my hands on her cheeks-she looked picture perfect. 'It's really you' I whispered.

Mom nodded. 'I was afraid you wouldn't know who I was' Mom said, standing on a cloud that had formed into a dressing table and a chair, she patted the cloud that was the chair and I sat on it, she began to do my hair-it felt nice to know that my mother was doing my hair. I laughed. 'Of course I know who you are-look, I have a locket' I said, placing my hand on my neck to look for my locket, my neck was bare.

'What's the matter sweetie?' Mom asked, a stress line forming on her forehead. I span around just in case it got caught on the white gown I was wearing, still no sign of it.

'My locket-I can't find it, Mom' I replied, feeling the tears prickle up in my tear ducts; Mom wrapped her arms around me and wiped the tears away.

'Don't cry honey, you haven't lost it' Mom hushed me, wiping another tear away and smiling.

'Then why isn't on my neck?' I sobbed, burying my face in my mother's gown.

'Oh Alexis, this is heaven-bad things aren't allowed in heaven' Mom frowned, pulling away to look at me, confused I pulled her face down to mine.

'Heaven?-Am I dead, Mommy?' I asked, I couldn't stop myself from saying Mommy-the word was like music to my ears, I have never said it to a woman before and now that I have got to say it-to my own mother!

'No, Silly' Mom giggled. 'You just fainted that's all, your brother and Aiden are very worried'

How did she know Aiden? 'I've been watching over you guys-your father brought you two up well' Mom continued, sighing and sitting on the same cloud that had turned into a bed. I looked behind her-there was a sun setting...?

'Mom, what did you mean-bad things aren't allowed up here?' I asked, sitting on the bed beside her, she looked up at me.

'It's cursed-something bad is going to happen to you, and I can't stop it-only you can' Mom said, looking at the sunset-she stood up and began to walk towards it-I followed.

'Mom!-No!-Wait!-I don't get it!' I yelled, as I ran after her-she was walking so slowly but yet it seemed so fast to me.

Mom turned to face me; there was a ghostly look on her face, I backed away.

'You have to wake up, I can't keep you hear any longer' Mom replied, dreamily. She bent down and kissed my forehead and continued walking in the direction of the sunset.

'Mommy, please don't go' I whispered, hoping she'd hear it.

'Bye-bye, Alex-See you soon, I love you sweetheart-open you eyes' and with that she disappeared in the sunlight. 'See you soon?'-What did she mean by that?

Aiden's P.O.V:

I've been waiting for Alexis to wake up for two hours now, the paramedics came an hour after she fainted, Nancy tried everything to get her up but they weren't working. The nurse said we just had to wait until she's ready to wake up, she entered the room again.