Unconscious Motives

The sun burned my eyes forcing them open. Shielding my eyes from its rays I sat up. Jerry’s room had become a very familiar sight. I had been staying in here for about two weeks now. My other roommates have asked me to move back, but I can’t deal with Jade. Her and Tyler have pushed me beyond my limits. The negativity and rudeness really hurts. Especially from the guy I love and my best friend. The two people I thought would be there though whatever. Jess and Jake say they’ll come around soon enough, but I don’t know how much more of this I can take. It makes me wonder what it would be like if I just didn’t make that call. If I didn’t come back. If I just grabbed Jerry and kept going. I shook that thought out of my head. They thought I was dead. I have to remember that. I legitimately disappeared off the face of planet earth. The bathroom door opened revealing a half naked Jerry.

“Morning Sunshine. Time to seize the day. Jerry said beaming while drying his hair.

“I don’t wanna.” I whined.

“Too bad, so sad.” He said walking over to me and planting a kiss on my forehead. “Now get in the shower.” He said smacking my shoulder.

“Fine.” I said rolling out of the bed. I opened my dresser and grabbed my school uniform before hopping in the shower. It’s a wonder I hadn’t been forced back into my room. I think it’s the perks of coming back from the dead. People tend to turn a blind eye when you break the rules. Headmistress Morgan said that what I’m doing by sleeping in Jerry’s room is a coping mechanism and that everyone should take this as a sign of me healing. Since I’m more comfortable with Jerry that maybe me getting more comfortable will lead to my memories coming back. Rinsing the soap off my body I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I blow-dried my hair before putting on my clothes. I straightened my hair before putting it in a ponytail. The new uniform I got fit perfectly with my new body. The old one was loose in some places and tight in others. Now, this one fits with all my curves. I put on some mascara and lip-gloss. I couldn’t exactly wear any other make-up because the make-up I wore was considered a violation of dress code. Whatever. Stepping out of the bathroom, the cool AC hit me. I shivered a bit before looking over at Jerry. He looked like a prep school boy. Like he belonged here. Especially when he was in uniform and had his hair swooped instead of spiked. He had a similar outfit as mine. He wore his dark grey dress pants with his white dress shirt under his Gallagher Academy sweater. He had the sleeve rolled up. Everything about him, right now, how he looked, talked, walked, acted just scream prim and proper. Once he was done fixing himself, putting on the mask of a perfectly normal Gallagher Academy Private school student, he turned and looked at me. A smile lit up his face.

“Well don’t you look like a perfectly normal little student?” He said throwing his messenger bag over his shoulder.

“Do I?” I asked looking down at myself.

“Yes, but normal is overrated.” He said before winking at me. “Come on.” He said walking over to me and throwing his arm around my shoulder. “The sooner we end this week the sooner we get to think about what happened over the summer.” He said opening the door for me.

“You’re right.” I said leaning into him. We walked into the main hall and everyone’s head turned to look at us as we passed.

“Don’t they have anything better to look at?” Jerry said looking down at me.

“Better than the people who magically came back from the dead? I don’t think so.” I said shaking my head.

“You’re right. Our magical appearance was pretty strange.” He said opening the cafeteria door for me. We had to speak French during breakfast this morning.

“Doesn’t normally happen.” I replied in French.

“Doesn’t ever happen.” He replied getting a plate.

Counter Intelligenceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें