Senior Classes are Tough Shit

Gosh, what is this stuff even? Why do I need to know this? How is knowing how to seat world leaders going to help me in a mission? And college applications? What? I didn’t know I had to take an SAT subject test to get into Harvard or any other prestigious college. This is stupid. I groaned while looking at my Chemistry Subject test study guide. Well maybe this is for the best. What if I shouldn’t be a spy? Like, is being a spy even worth it? All the pain... all the hurt…. Everything. Is it worth it? And a lot of spies don’t even go on useful missions. A lot of them are traitors. Then there are the good guys who actually do things. And those are the ones who are most likely to get killed or taken. Also, it’s very hard to have a family while in the spy business. My mom and dad made it work for a while before dad was taken. I want a family. I do. I want a family. And being a spy might jeopardize that possibility. I don’t want that to happen. So, maybe I can do something normal. Like become a doctor or a lawyer. I’m still helping people, but I can also have a family. I can go to college and be in med school or law school. I can get a great paying job in a city or suburb. I can marry, have kids… be happy. I can be normal. But I want to do all these things with Tyler. I want to marry him. I want to have kids with him. But he’s already a professional spy. He’s already going on mission. That’s not going to stop. I know that for sure. I shouldn’t be thinking about this stuff. I should be thinking about this stupid test and getting accepted into some university. Whether I decide to go or not it’s still a possibility. I looked over at the clock and realized that I was going to be late for my therapist appointment. I pulled out my earphones and ran to the door. I opened it and Tyler was there about to knock.

“Hey!” I said smiling.

“Hey! You ready to go?” He asked smiling back at me.

“You’re going to walk me?” I asked looking up at him.

“Of course I am, Snow.” He said laughing.

“You don’t have to.” I said biting my lip.

“But I want to.” He said grabbing my hand. I beamed before closing the door behind us and walking to the therapist. My head rested against his shoulder while we walked. There was a comfortable silence between us. Like we didn’t need to talk to enjoy each other’s presence. We just loved being near each other. That’s one of many things I love about Tyler.

“Alright. We’re here.” He said stopping.

“See you in a bit.” I said looking up at him.

“Actually babe, I have to go out of time of the weekend. The CIA is calling the boys and I down to their HQ to see if we’re fit to go back doing missions.” He said looking down at me.

“But…” I said pouting.

“I’ll be back Sunday night.” He said bringing his hand to my face. “It’s not going to be that bad. Besides you have to study for your subject tests.” He said poking my nose.

“Yea, ok.” I said nodding.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” He said smiling. “Anyways, I have to go. The car is coming in about a half hour.” He said looking at his watch.

“Ok. I love you Charming.” I said smiling up at him.

“I love you too Snow. Try not to disappear again while I’m gone.” He said winking at me.

“I wont.” I said laughing.

“K. Bye.” He said before kissing my cheek and opening the office door for me. I walked in and closed the door behind me. The lovely scent wafted into my nose again. It was such a wonderful scent. I don’t know what it is because I’ve never exactly smelt it before. Yet, it seems so familiar. I shook my head before sitting down.