Finals

My brain felt like mush, my ass was numb, and my hand was cramping. No person should have to sit taking exams for 6 hours on end without a break. We started at 8 am sharp and now it’s 2. I rubbed my temples and frowned. Somehow, after being away from this material for 5 months, I remembered everything better than when I was actually in the class. This is getting strange, and not knowing what happened is beginning to piss me off. I fixed my outfit, which consisted of a skater skirt with a white corset top under a leather jacket with a pair of studded combat boots. My hair was curled, falling onto my shoulders. I had a decent amount of eyeliner on with my new signature red lipstick. Loved it.

“Hey.” Jerry said coming up next to me where I was waiting for him.

“Hey.” I replied trying to force a smile for him.

“How’d you do?” He asked as we began to walk. Jerry had a similar outfit to mine. Black jeans, white tee and leather jacket and black boots.

“Actually really well. I don’t know how I remembered all that stuff.” I said looking up at him.

“Me either. It was weird. Almost like I had the whole textbook shoved down my head.” He said before laughing. I couldn’t help but laugh with him. That’s just the type of laugh, and personality, that Jerry has.

“My thoughts exactly.” I said smiling.

“This new superpower of ours can be used for good.” He said looking at me.

“Yea, like how? Getting straight A’s? Sorry to break it to ya, but I’ve been doing that since pre-k.” I said cockily.

“No! I meant tutoring other people. A lot of people are struggling in these classes. We can help people.” He said happily. He’s such a nice person.

“Yea, because everybody wants to be around the people who disappeared for 5 months in search of the Circle and came back without a scratch or their memories.” I said bursting his little happy bubble. Ugh, I’m such a bitch. “Jerry, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that…” I started before he cut me off.

“No, you’re right. People are probably afraid of us. We’re like the only two people to make it back alive after searching for the circle. That doesn’t happen. Unless they’re not done using us.” He said sadly before my eyes snapped up at him.

“Say that again.” I said quickly.

“What?” He said confused.

“That ending part. The last thing you said.” I said seriously

“Unless they’re not done using us yet…” He said slowly.

“What if that’s true? What if the circle is not done using us?” I asked spitting it out.

“No. They’re done, but I’m pretty sure since we escaped they want us dead. I mean who knows what we will remember about them. We’re casualties, and they are gonna want to wipe us out.” Jerry said shaking his head.

“So you’re saying that they are still after us?” I asked biting my lip.

“Do you remember a time when they weren’t? I mean, do you remember a time when they weren’t after you?” He asked quietly. That shut me up. It was sotrue. I would say, when we thought they were after Jess, but even then they were after me. They’ve probably been after me for a while. Maybe years, I don’t know.

“I brought you into this.” I said looking up at jerry.

“No…” He said placing a hand on my shoulder, I shrugged it off.