I did what?

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily. I felt a hand on my knee.

“Hey, it’s ok…” I heard a voice said. I looked up at the owner of the voice and backed up a little.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, almost maliciously.

“Everyone thought it’d be better if it came from me.” He said looking up at me.

“If what came from you?” I asked biting my lip.

“Do you remember what happened yesterday?” He asked gently. I don’t think he’s ever talked to me this gently before in my life.

“Ok Tyler. I’m sorry, but whatever you’re doing right now you’re doing it too sweetly. If you’re going to do it, do it right. Tell it to me like you’d normally tell me. Ok?” I said seriously.

“Alright.” He replied nodding. “So, tell me what you remember about yesterday.” He said a little bit harder than before. I felt comfortable 

“Um… we were attacked and then I got attacked, but made the guy go unconscious.” I finished silently

“And that’s all you remember?” He asked slowly.

“Yea…” I said just as slow.

“Well, Ela, that’s not all that happened.” Tyler said shaking his head.

“What else happened?” I asked using my arms to make me sit up straight. Then a sharp pain shot through my arm. I looked down and saw a bandage around my arm. I touched it slightly where the blood started seeping through the bandage that wrapped around my arm like a band. “Tyler, what happened?” I said shooting my head to face him again. He grabbed my hands and sighed.

“After you took that guy down you grabbed his gun. There were a bunch of other guys coming down. Both you and Jerry caught sight of a target, not the same target, just a target. They were about 50 yards away and…” He said before stopping and looking down.

“And what Tyler?” I asked but he stayed quiet. “Tyler tell me what happened!” I said, even thought I’m pretty sure I know what he’s going to say.

“And you shot them. One shot, straight through the heart, perfect aim, perfect shot.” He finished meeting my eyes with his.

“I did what?” I whispered, in shock.

“You shot them.” He replied in a whisper.

“They’re alright though, right? The people who came after us must’ve had medical people with them. They had to have prepared for the worse right?” I said frantically.

“We don’t know who came after you, but we do know that they were not sent to kill. They were sent to capture. Guys like that are trained to have perfect aim with a target moving or still. They could’ve easily taken each one of us down. Once you guys had passed out they started moving for you and Jerry. We had to stop them of course. As more of them got injured they decided to retreat. Once they were gone there was nothing left of them except some blood.” He said seriously.

“I don’t care about that. Tyler, are they alive?” I asked deadly.

“No. They’re dead.” He said in a flat tone.

We both hit our targets in the exact same part and watched them fall. Even from here you could see the blood pouring out of their body and see the life exiting their body. I looked over at Jerry as he looked over at me.

 Before they could even get out their guns Jerry and I shot them all dead. Without hesitation, without a thought, without mistake. Four perfect clean shots and four dead bodies in a messy pile. We threw our guns on top of them before I spoke into my head set.