Interrogations

I heard a light knock on the door. “I’ll get it.” I mumbled before shuffling out of my warm, comfy bed. I shot a look over at my clock. 2:14 a.m. I shook my head before completing my journey to the door. Of all the faces that have shown up at this door before, this one I have to saw was a complete shock.

“Headmistress Morgan?” I asked wiping my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly.

“I’m sorry for waking you, but the head of the CIA has demanded that you and Jerry be taken into questioning tonight.” She said frowning.

“It’s ok. I’ll get dressed.” I said calmly before closing the door and walking into the closet.

“Is it a mission?” Jess asked lazily while sitting up.

“No, the CIA has called me and Jerry to be questioned.” I said shrugging.

“We’ll come with you.” Dee said sitting up as well.

“No, guys, really. It won’t be that long anyways. And besides they’ll just have you sit in the waiting room. There’s really no reason. Learn some cool shit at school for me today. Okay?” I said looking at them.

“Alright.” Jess said rolling her eyes.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” I replied before going into the bathroom. I took a quick shower before changing into a simpler outfit than the other ones. I wanted them to see my as a simple, plain Gallagher Girl. Normal and not changed at all. So, I put on black skinny jeans, a pink and black plaid Hollister button up shirt with a black cami underneath, and a pair of pink converse. I threw my hair up in a high ponytail and finished it off with light foundation, a bit of blush, and light pink lip-gloss. I looked in the mirror and almost started crying. I looked like me. I looked like…me. Other than my eyes I couldn’t really see anything else of mine that has changed since I left. Not only that, I looked like the girl I did when I got here on that very first day. Sweet, innocent, not really understanding how the world was capable of destroying people. I looked how I looked before any of this shit happened, before the circle happened, before Tyler happened, before Jake happened, before my disappearance, before my dad, before my life went into a crazy screwed up whirlwind. I sank against the wall and started crying.  I cried silently making sure I wouldn’t disturb any of my friends. I didn’t want them to see me cry, even though they’ve expected me to since I got back. Stayed against the cool wall as the warm tears flooded down my face.  

My face was still wet with tears. I shakily stood up and looked up my face. I looked ok, considering I wasn’t wearing mascara or eyeliner. I re-did my make-up, adding more under eye concealer to cover up the puffiness. I looked in the mirror.

“You are strong. You are not the same little girl you used to be. You’re never going to go back to being her ever again. Now, suck it up and let’s get this questioning over with.” I said to myself before getting up and walking out of the bathroom. I walked down to the grand hall where Headmistress Morgan and Jerry were waiting.

“Sorry for taking so long. I had a small mishap in the bathroom.” I said walking in front of them.

“No problem. Let’s go.” She said opening one of the double doors for us. We walked out into an awaiting Limo. Just like when I went to the MI6 I had to be blindfolded. The location of the base they were taking us to was top secret. Apparently. Whatever. Soon we arrived. After a series of hallways and elevators we got far enough inside to were she could take our blindfolds off.

“Hello. What can I help you with?” The lady at the desk asked us. They have a fucking receptionist at the CIA?

“Yes. They called telling me I must bring these two students down here immediately for questioning.” Headmistress Morgan said.