A Nervous Introduction

CHAPTER 18

Marco and I walked up to the front door. "I'm gonna greet her first then being you in if that's ok Freckles." I gave Marco a nervous smile which was obviously forced.

Marco nodded his head and I took a deep breath. I wrapped my fingers around the cold door knob and twisted it slowly. I opened the door which my mom always kept unlocked for some odd reason, and walked in.

"Mother, it's Jean. I'm home." I shouted and closed the door behind me, whispering to Marco that I would bring him inside in a minute.

"Jeany Boy?" My mother exclaimed as she entered the room from the kitchen. She stopped and put her hands to her mouth as she let out a loud gasp. "You came home!" The woman ran up to me and gave me a big hug. "Good thing too, you could use a hair cut!" My mom said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Look... Um... Mom? I came here to introduce you to my... Um... Date." I said scratching the back of my head and looking to the ground.

My mother squealed. "Oh Jean! You brought home a girl! Is she pretty? Is she nice?"

I let out a nervous laugh. "W-why don't you meet them..." I said faking a smile.

"Don't keep her waiting outside where it's cold! Let her in already!!!" My mother said in excitement.

I nodded my head and slowly reached out for the door. I took a deep breath and opened it, blocking my mom'a view of Marco and gesturing him to come in. My mom's eyes grew large when she caught a glimpse of Marco who stepped out to see her.

"Is this some sort of joke, Jean?" My mother asked, not exactly angry.

I shook my head. "Mom, meet my new boyfriend Marco." I gestured towards Marco with a single hand and smiled at the freckled boy. "We... Um... We are dating..."

"Jean..." My mother muttered softly.

I walked up to my mother and held her hands as I looked her in the eyes. "Mom... I'm gay..."

My mom opened her mouth to protest but then snapped it shut. She looked over my shoulder to see Marco and smiled. She pushed me aside and walked up to the freckled boy.

"Why hello Mrs. Kirstein, I'm Marco Bott. I'm also Jean's roommate." Marco held out a hand, and surprisingly she shook his hand with what looked like a friendly and genuine smile.

"Nice to meet you Marco." My mom turned her head to look at me. "Jean may we talk... Alone?"

Shit...

>>MARCO'S POV<<

Jean and his mom walked into the kitchen to speak, and I began to grow a bit worried. Perhaps I could be wrong... Maybe his mom was fond of all this.

I found myself shaking as I stood by the door. My skin grew a paler color than usual and I noticed I was scared that perhaps I wasn't right about Jean's mom. She did seem nice when she greeted me, but of coarse it could had have been some act.

I took some deep breathes, and regretting making Jean take me to see his mom. This was all a bad idea. Growing worried, I began pacing the floor with my hands behind my back. I did this for a few minutes, when suddenly Jean an his mom entered the room once again, smiling.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Marco, would you please stay for dinner?" Jean's mother asked.

I blinked several times. I looked to Jean who smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up. I giggled and looked to the blond boy's mom and beamed at her.

"Why I would love to, Mrs. Kirstein!"