A Strange Movie Night and Strange Questions

CHAPTER 5

>>MARCO'S POV<<

When Jean and I returned, we got out of the car and pulled our jackets over our heads to avoid the rain. We sprinted to the dorms and laughed as we got soaking wet. I opened the dorm door for Jean and after he entered, I quickly followed and closed the door behind me. Jean and I then giggled as we walked to our dorm. "I... I had fun, Jean."

"Yeah, me too." Jean said as he tugged on his shoulder bag. I opened the door and Jean and I walked in when suddenly there was a shouting voice coming from behind the counter.

"Welcome to Marco's dorm, Marco's new roommate! congratulations Marco!!!" My good friend Eren shouted as he popped out from behind the kitchen counter, but once he saw Jean put his shoulder bag on the rack, he had a look of disgust.

"Thanks Eren..." I said with a smile.

"What's he doing here!?" Jean snarled as he pointed at Eren.

"I could say the same for you Jean!" Eren snapped.

"I'm Marco's new roommate!"

Eren then looked at me with a sympathetic look. "Sorry your new roommate's a dick Marco."

"HEY!!!" Jean shouted as he gritted his teeth.

"He's actually a pretty sweet guy once you get to know him Eren." I said blushing as I turned to look at Jean. "Really."

"Well, as long as he doesn't cause you trouble... but if he ever upsets you, I will throw all his things out the window."

I chuckled while Jean crossed his arms and glared at Eren. "So why are you here Eren?" I asked my friend.

"Well, I brought a movie, popcorn, and house warming gift for your new roommate..." Eren said as he held up a large plastic bag. He then pulled out a small package with a ribbon on it. He then tossed the gift to Jean who caught it and opened it up.

"A #1 roommate mug and 5 vacuum bags?" Jean said a bit confused as he examined the glass.

"Sorry that the mug doesn't fit you perfectly." Eren snickered. Jean growled.

"kay guys, let's just... watch the movie..." I said with a smile.

"Alright Marco." Eren and Jean said in sync.

"So what movie did you bring?" I asked.

"Titanic... it was the only movie I could find at my place." Eren said as he pulled it out of the bag and handed it to me.

"Jean could you help hook up the DVD player, while I turn on the right channel on the T.V.?" I asked.

"Sure." Jean said as he came with me by the T.V. He hooked up the DVD player to the T.V. while I turned it on and got it on the correct channel. Jean then put in the movie, and it worked. Eren took a seat on the lounge chair, while I pulled out a blanket and sat on the floor. Jean sat next to me as Eren started the movie.

I wrapped the blanket around my shoulders but then Jean took the left half of the blanket and wrapped it around his his right shoulder, and sat close beside me. I blushed bright pink, and felt so weird. I liked Jean, but I knew he didn't feel the same way.

"Why don't I... go pop the popcorn." I said as I stood up. "It's not gonna pop itself!" I smiled at my two friends.

"Why don't I help." Jean said as he stood up too. "I make the best buttered popcorn."

I didn't want to be rude and tell Jean it was fine, so I just decided to let him help. I pulled out three of five popcorn bags and put one in the microwave while Jean got out three large bowls and the butter. "You might wanna make the other two bags. Armin and Mikasa are on their way here." Eren shouted from the other room.