Rumor Has It

CHAPTER 13

>>MARCO'S POV<<

I had entered the dorm room with Jean, my arm in agonizing pain. I had fell on top of Jean, but had bumped my bad arm on the ground beside him and now the pain is worse then before.

The first thing that came to mind when I walked into the dorm was, Get an icepack, ASAP! and so the first thing I did was walk over to the freezer.

I opened up the freezer door and a cloud of cold air swarmed me almost immediately. I shivered a bit, though I must admit, it felt nice.

I reached into the cold and grabbed a normal blue icepack from inside one of the door shelves. It was cool to the touch but I would have it in hand like that for just a short minute.

I dug through one of the kitchen drawers and pulled out a small towel and decided to wrap the icepack in it so it wouldn't be too cold.

Once I had gathered all I needed, I slowly and painfully walked over to the chair in the living room space. I slumped into the chair and let out a huge sigh as my back hit the back of the chair. I was wearing a button up T-shirt so my bruised upper arm would be reachable if I rolled up my short sleeves a bit more.

I rolled up my sleeves and applied the frozen icepack to my arm, and almost instantly had felt great relief. I let out a sigh as I felt the pain cease. At that very moment the door opened wide and Jean entered the room, finding me in a minutes time.

"Marco! You alright?" He asked as he came up to me.

"Yeah, I just fell on my bad arm is all. Put some ice on it for a bit and it should be fine." I said forcing a smile.

"Alright. If you say so... But if it doesn't get better, please tell me. Kay?"

"Kay." I replied. I looked down at my arm and saw there was an enormous black and blue mark. I winced as I put the cold pack back on.

Jean sat down on the floor in front of me as he turned on the tv and game console. "Wanna play Freckles?" Jean asked as he looked up at me.

I shook my head no. I then looked away from Jean, thinking of how stupid I was back at the shop. I can't believe I ran up to him like that and pushed him down with me on top of him! How embarrassing!

"I'm gonna go to bed." I said as I stood up. I couldn't bare another minute just sitting there. When ever I was with Jean I acted so stupid and now when I look at him, I think of what happened at the art shop.

"Isn't it kinda early?"

"I don't care... I'm just very exhausted from school, ya know?" I lied.

"Yeah, I understand... Good night then Freckles. Hope you get some good shut eye." Jean shouted as he stuck out his tongue and got into his game of Halo.

"Uh yeah..." I said softly as I made my way to my room. When I walked into the room, the first thing I did was sit down on my bed for a minute and put the icepack down. I let out a sigh as I laid down on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling for a minute then closed my eyes.

My arm hurt so much I just wanted to sleep already. I turned over onto my side (with the good arm) and shut my eyes tight. I just laid there wishing sleep would take over.

>>JEAN'S POV<<

I was in the middle of my game when I started to grow hungry. I paused the game and looked to the kitchen counter. I expected to see my freckled friend Marco scurrying around back there trying to get everything together for dinner, but he wasn't there.