Unsure

CHAPTER 1

>>MARCO'S POV<<

I sat at my desk, doing some school work for one of my classes, when I heard a loud crash outside the dormroom, and someone mutter to themself. My heart leapt and I couldn't help but smile, even though my arms and legs had goosebumps and trembled. "He's here!" I whispered and shot up from my chair.

I quickly walked to the door and opened it up to see who the guy was. When I laid eyes on him, my eyes grew big and my jaw dropped to the floor. It was the guy from the café! I grew bashful again, all of a sudden. "Hey, would you... Want some help with that?" I asked as I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling very awkward.

"Yeah." The guy replied as he knelt down, to rub his lower right leg. I saw a box looking a bit battered more than the others, and it seemed as if it toppled over. It must of fell on his foot or something...

I walked over to the guy and picked up the cardboard box beside him, and picked up three more and carried them into the room while the new guy carried the rest in himself. Despite his small Appearence, he was fairly strong.

"Just set my stuff by my bed." The guy said flatly. I did as he commanded and set the four boxes beside the bed and waited for the guy to set his down.

As the new student set his boxes down, he let out a puff. "Man, that shit is heavy!" He exclaimed and stretched out his arms. "You must be Marco Bott, right?" The guy asked as he looked at me.

"Yeah, and you must be Jean I replied." Smiling at him, my cheeks still a pinkish blush.

"Actually, it's not pronounced 'Gene', it is pronounced 'John' with that weird J sound the French use." Jean corrected me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. How stupid of me. Jean... I said it right this time, right?" I asked looking at Jean funny. I really felt stupid.

"Yeah." Jean answered. "Jean Kirstein, I'm the new roommate." He said as he reached out a hand.

"Marco Bott, your new roommate." I said as well and shook Jean's hand. "Hey, didn't I see you at the café a few hours ago?" I suddenly asked. Remembering my shock.

"Yeah!" Jean said as he pointed at me. "You were that guy with the laptop." He said. "I noticed you were looking at art so I was going to ask if you were a student here, but then you left."

"Really? I'm sorry." I said looking down at my shoes as I ran a hand through my hair. "I had to work on some homework I left in here so..."

"That's fine." Jean said as he sat on his bed. There was a minute or two of silence. "So, where can I put my clothes?" Jean finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Here, I will help you put stuff away." I said as I helped put some boxes on Jean's new bed. The first box I pulled out read, "clothes" and I folded the flaps back. "Here's your clothes." I said as I turned and looked at Jean who was unloading some of his art and school supplies. Jean stopped what he was doing and directed his full attention to me. "You can put your clothes in that closet right there across from us." I said and pointed to Jean's new closet.

"Ok." Jean said as took a huge pile of clothes out from the box I had. He then walked with the bundle to the closet, started putting clothes on hangers and putting them in the closet. I then took some out and did the same.

"So how long have you been a student here?" Jean asked me.

"Only a few months." I answered as I looked at him. "Don't worry you will get the hang of your schedule sooner than you think." I added with a smile.

Jean nodded his head as we finished putting his clothes in his closet. He then started unloading his art and school supplies into his desk drawers as I pulled out a box labeled, "valuables". I unfolded the tabs and pulled out a huge book with a title, "Jean's Picture Book" I read aloud.