Bad Experiences

CHAPTER 3

I met with the professor after school. I saw there was another student sitting in the back row, close to where Marco and I sat earlier that morning. He wore white skinny jeans, brown lace up boots that went to his mid calf, and a dark green hoodie with some weird logo of strange looking angel wings on the back. He had a skin tone a bit darker than mine, (not as dark as Marco) and short dark brown hair. I noticed he was glaring at me.

I walked up to the professor's desk, as I kept glaring at the guy. "Mr. Kirstein!" The professor raised his voice to get my attention.

"Yes sir?" I replied quickly as I turned to look at him.

"Start with wiping down the desks... If you finish that, then make sure all the chairs are in the appropriate spot. If you finish that before your hour's up, then you can dust my book shelves." My professor commanded.

I kept looking at that guy sitting in the back, his feet up on the desk.

"Mr. Kirstein, is that clear!?" My professor raised his voice again.

"Yes." I answered as I quickly looked to my professor.

"Good, I will be leaving now, but I should be back by the time you finish. If not, just leave and keep the door unlocked. Mr. Jäeger, over there, will write me a note if you didn't do your job, or messed around." I nodded my head. "Ok Eren, he's your problem now. Make sure he does his job!" The professor yelled to that guy in back.

He gave a single nod as the professor left the room. The professor left the cleaning supplies on his desk so I grabbed the toweling and the disinfectant spray for the desk, and started my job. I would spray the cleaning spray onto the desk, then wipe it down with my towel, and then dry it off with another towel.

Once I reached the desk that Eren was sitting by I growled at him as he glared at me. "Do you mind!?" I snapped. He looked to me, pretending to be confused. "Stop glaring at me would ya?" I stood up straight and looked into his narrow eyes.

"I have to keep an eye on ya! Did you forget, Jean?" He snarled.

"No, but you don't have to give me that awful look!" I growled in my throat.

"Is it bothering you, Jean?" Eren retorted bitterly with his head cocked to the side.

I let out a sigh of frustration. "Can you at least get your stupid feet off the desk?" I had a half smile on my face as I closed my eyes and had my head facing the ground.

"I'm fine here." Eren said as he laid his head back to relax.

"Listen here, I said, 'get your feet off the desk' and that means, get your fucking feet off the desk!" I hissed as I threw his feet of the desk and began cleaning the top.

"What the hell was that for?" Eren shouted, acting like he was surprised.

I growled at him as I finished up my job of cleaning desks. I had only fifteen minutes left to go. All the chairs were in place already, except for the one Eren was sitting in, but he would most likely fix it before he left. I then took the feather duster on the professor's desk and began dusting his several bookshelves.

I was just finishing up when The professor walked in. "Ok, Kirstein, you're good. You may go now." My professor said entering the room with his laptop. I nodded and set the feather duster back on his desk and ran to the door once I twisted the knob I looked back at Eren who was still sitting in the back with his feet on the desk top again. I glared at him as he flipped me off. I rolled my eyes and opened the door. Just as I was going to walk into the hall I bumped into something... More like someone.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so, so sorry Jean!"

I looked up and saw Marco blushing a bit.

"Let me give you a hand." Marco said as he put out his hand.

"Nah, it's alright." I said as I pushed his hand away gently. I then stood up and dusted myself off. "I'm fine."

Marco smiled at me. "Sorry..." He said a bit quieter.

"It's fine Marco, really." I said as I smirked at him.

"Ok, Jean." My friend said and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry I got you in trouble though..."

"That's fine too, I didn't mind taking the blame... You looked like you were gonna faint. It wasn't even that bad..." I lied. I hated Eren and he made it worse.

"Well, if you say so, then ok!" Marco smiled at me. "So... Um... Would you wanna stop somewhere and grab something to eat?" He rubbed the back of his neck. His cheeks were a rosy red color, but his freckles still popped out.

"Sure." I said, even though I wasn't all too hungry.

"Great! Let's go!" Marco grabbed my wrist and started running down the halls like a little kid.

"M-Marco...." I muttered my face all red and hot... It was weird... Two grown men holding hands. I was a bit embarrassed, but... I sort of... liked it.

>>MARCO'S POV<<

I ran with Jean, outside onto campus and then we began walking I was about to start walking towards the streets when Jean resisted moving. "W-what's wrong Jean?" I said as I stopped to look at him. "Didn't you wanna get something to eat?"

"Yeah, but you would rather walk then drive?" Jean asked as he cocked his head to the side a bit.

My cheeks flushed red and I let out a pathetic laugh. "Oh! Hehe... I didn't know you had a car..." I said rubbing the back of my neck, as usual, when I grew bashful. "Hehe..."

"Well yeah. You don't have one?" Jean asked, looking at me funny.

"No... I did have one but..." I trailed off as I remembered what happened. "I.... don't have it anymore."

"What happened? You sell it or something Marco?"

"Not exactly..." I said as I scratched my brow and looked up at the sky. "My mom was driving me home in my new car I got for my 17th birthday and I went to get something done on my teeth and I couldn't drive home. On the way home some man had a heart attack or stroke and had a head on collision with me and my mom. My mom broke a few ribs, and I broke my right arm, and got a bad cut above my right eye... My car was trashed and couldn't be fixed so we just got rid of it. My mom offered to buy me a new car, but I didn't want to put her through the trouble of buying me a new car, so I told her I would save up and buy one on my own... I still don't have enough money but I'm not in any hurry to get a new car." I explained.

"Oh..... We can walk then if you would prefer to, Marco... I'm sorry to hear that by the way." Jean said sympathetically.

"Nah, we can take your car. I'm not scared of them, just... I just found out I don't really need one at the moment is all... everything I need is walking distance, and I get my exercise in so..." I said with a smile. It was no big deal. I didn't die or anything, or end up paralyzed.

"Ok then." Jean said as he dug out his keys from the pocket of his letterman jacket. "I'll drive. I saw this sweet restaurant near by that you would probably like." Jean said with a smirk.

"Ok." I said bashfully as I followed Jean to where his car was parked, a ways away. Jean hopped into the driver's seat and put his key in the ignition. Jean's car was an old white sedan. He told me it was a hand-me-down car from his grandparents for his 16 birthday. I chuckled as I closed my door and looked at my friend, who must have been staring at me. He quickly pulled away and looked straight ahead as he put the car in gear.

"I hope you're hungry for Italian..." Jean said with a half smile. I chuckled and nodded my head as we then pulled out and left.