Chapter 24: You're My Only Shorty

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Note: The song used in this chapter called Livin' On A String was written by me. It's not written by anyone else. Please don't steal. 

Chapter 24: You’re My Only Shorty

               I cancelled all of my plans for the day and so did Dylan. Simone was hanging out with David and Demi and my dad was out looking for a new apartment. We had the house to ourselves and we still questioned what we were going to do. When neither of us suggested something I put on my bathing suit and jumped in the pool. Dylan joined me a few minutes later.

Love makes me crazy, restless, dumb and paranoid

But I'll take a chance on us and hope you don't destroy my heart

Just give me one guarantee, I'm the only girl you see

What you say, boy

You're my only shorty, you're my only shorty

I'm telling you the truth, girl, it's only you

               A small trip in the pool turned into half of our day in the pool. Dylan would have hated it if he knew I had You’re My Only Shorty stuck in my head. It just fit for today. I’m his only one. He lifted me up in the pool and I jumped on his shoulders. We haven’t had a fun day like this in a long time. Maybe Dylan was right about us needing alone time.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked me.

“You’ll be mad.”

“I promise I won’t.”

“I had part of Demi’s song You’re My Only Shorty stuck in my head.”

He gave me a weird look, “Why?”

“Because it’s about love. You’re my only shorty. I’m telling you the truth, girl, it’s only you. Haven’t you heard it before?”

He shook his head, “I understand why you have stuck in your head though. You were thinking of me.”

I smiled, “Yes I was. You were right about having a day for just us. It feels nice. We need to do this more often.”

“I knew you’d agree once you actually tried it.”

“Yeah… we’re going to be really busy for the next six months though so we can’t do it often. I have my music and the anti-bullying album and the wedding planning to do.”

“You’re not going to be doing all that alone,” he said, “I’ll be here too.”

“You want to help with wedding planning?” I asked, “Isn’t that usually the girls job or something.”

“As long as you don’t pick a really stupid theme then I’ll help,” he chuckled.

“What were you thinking then?” I asked.

He shrugged, “What’s your dream wedding like?”

“I never pictured a dream wedding.”

“Isn’t that what girls usually do?”

“I’ve never been the usual girl so there’s your problem,” I laughed, “I never imagined that stuff. My brother was already a celebrity so the last thing I wanted was to have a big wedding with a bunch of people staring at me. It really just freaks me out. I don’t want hundreds of people staring at me while I kiss you. It’s weird.”

“That’s such a bizarre point of view for a girl.”

“It’s true.”

He laughed, “So what do you want to do? Just go to a church somewhere or have go to a court house?”