Chapter 4: On The Line

Not much to say about this chapter, but please continue to vote & comment if you like it!

The main point in this chapter was just to show the struggles that Simone, Kayla and the rest of the group are going to go through throughout this story.

Chapter 4: On The Line

Here we go, I told myself. I'm putting it all on the line. Putting it all on the line for one person. One person who couldn't get it through their head. This could break everything. This could be what ruins everything I've been trying to build..but I'm willing to risk it. If it means she's going to get help.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by the door being pounded down to the ground. I whirled around seeing Dylan standing there with the group, and the horrified look on his face. A shot was up...and I didn't see where it went........

*Flashback* - Earlier That Day.

"This is dangerous" Dylan said, "why is this so important to you?"

"Because I know I can help her!" I told him, "I can see it in her eyes, she wants help. It's just going to take time."

"Time?!" Dylan said, "it's been two months since she tired to kill herself and you've gotten nowhere. Nothing helps, even Demi doesn't know what else to do."

"I have to keep trying" I explained.

"Why don't we just move back into your house. That house it big enough for you to stay there with David he won't mind."

"Because I promised her I wouldn't give up on her. I don't care how angry she gets at me, I'm not leaving. I'm going to do whatever it takes to save her" I said.

"But what if it leads to trouble?" he asked and put his hand on my cheek, "I don't want to see you break. I don't want to see you have a breakdown because she's gotten to you instead of you getting to her."

"It won't happen" I told him.

"How do you know? I can see it in your eyes that it already is effecting you. It's taking a toll, and you can't concentrate on your homework and you're not as happy as you used to be. I hate seeing you like this."

"I'm sorry, but I just can't give up on her."

"Fine" he sighed knowing I wasn't going to listen to him, "I'll go with you."

"Thank you."

 When we walked back to my door, Simone was on her bed crying with her knees to her chest. She was in sweats and it was clear that she had been crying.

"Simone.." I said trailing off, "how are you feeling?"

"Feeling?!" she yelled looking up at me, "all I feel is anger! Why are you doing this to me?! If I want to kill myself, then just let me! What does it matter to you!"

"Simone, I can see what this is doing to you. I can see how much you want help, but won't admit it. I made a promise to you on the bridge that I wasn't going to leave you. I told you that I was going to be here to support you and that's what I'm doing."

"I don't want you here!" she yelled.

"I know that" I said, "but that doesn't matter because I still made a promise to you. I won't break that."

"Simone" Dylan said, "Kayla is doing this because she cares about you, and I care about her. So just let her help you because this is effecting her in a negative way too."

"Dylan, " I said trying to stop him.

"No" he said, "she needs to hear this. Simone by helping you, Kayla is getting hurt too. She's not happy like she used to be, and all those negative thoughts are starting to come back. I don't want to see her broken like she was before. I'm going to do everything I can to help you, but you better not hurt Kayla or you'll be hearing from me."