Chapter 18: Here We Go Again

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 18: Here We Go Again

“She lapsed,” I heard Demi say from the other room. I was completely ashamed of myself. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

“What happened?” David asked.

“She got an email this morning from her mom,” Dylan said, “it wasn’t good. She thought her mom was going to support her through all this and so would her dad, but they don’t. They disapprove of her decision to help Ben.”

“I read the email too,” Demi said, “the things they said to her were horrible. I don’t understand how they could say something like that to her. It just doesn’t make any sense.”

“Where is she now?” David asked.

“In our room,” Dylan said, “she’s still really ashamed of herself for doing it. I got the cut all bandaged up already. Now she’s just sitting on the bed, thinking.”

“Does Simone know?” David asked.

“No,” Demi said, “she hasn’t gotten home yet.”

               As Demi finished the sentence, I heard the door opened. The person, who I guessed was Simone, started walking up the stairs towards the group that was outside my door.

“What’s going on?” Simone asked, worried. The tone in her voice revealed that she knew something was wrong.

“It’s Kayla,” Dylan said.

“Oh my God…” Simone said.

“She received a bad email this morning from her mom,” Demi explained, “she couldn’t handle it and she lapsed.”

“She cut?” Simone asked.

“Yeah…” Demi said, “She did. Dylan called me and I got here a half hour ago. David just arrived ten minutes ago.”

“Poor Kayla... Can I go in and see her?”

“Let me go in first,” Dylan said, “I need to talk to her first.”

“Okay.”

I heard Dylan open the door. He came over and sat next to me on the bed. I had my knees up my chest and my arms were wrapped around them. My head was down, but not on my knees.

“Kay?”

“You’re ashamed of me aren’t you?” I still hadn’t looked him in the eyes.

“No. I could never be ashamed of you. Ever. Got that? Never.”

“Yeah…”

“Kayla, look at me.”

“I can’t,” I muttered.

“Why not?” he asked.

“I don’t want to see the disappointment in your eyes.”

“There’s no disappointment, I promise you. Now please, look at me?”

I finally caved and looked up at him. He was right. It wasn’t disappointment. I don’t know what it was. “What?” I asked.

“Just because you lapsed doesn’t make you a bad person. It doesn’t make you any less of a role model or inspiration. What you have is a constant daily battle. So today wasn’t so bad, but tomorrow will be better. You’re human. You can’t be perfect all the time. There’s always going to be good days and bad days. We’re still all here for you. We would never look at you in disappointment or be ashamed after one bad day. Understand?”