Chapter 3: Who Will I Be?

Okay so I'm still really excited about this story! Please vote and comment! I love getting feedback on my stories! :)

Chapter 3: Who Will I Be?

Dylan and I looked for a long time with still no word from the police. It finally occurred to me where she would be.

"Dylan!" I called him over to Simone's desk, "she only has one personal photo. Nothing else about her friends or family. It's a picture of her and someone else by a bridge."

"Let's go" he said, "I'll call the police and tell them."

We took off for the bridge. I knew exactly where it was. It was on campus. I got there in a few minutes, before any of the police and there Simone was. Sitting on the edge. This was good news, I thought to myself, it means she's hesitating.

"Simone?" I said getting her attention.

"What do you want?" she asked without even looking at me. I walked and stood next to her.

"This isn't the answer" I said, "I know you think it is, but it's not. You do have people in your life who care who don't want to see you dead. You have so much ahead of you in your life that you don't even know about yet. Don't you want to find out what it is?"

"No" she said, "you know nothing about me! Do you know how it made me feel to see those videos? I saw how depressed and angry you were. How thin you were and how much you DIDN'T want help. You were angry and insisted as long as possible. When I saw the part where you were sitting on the bathroom floor, I panicked. I panicked because that was me. It was me! It still is me! I can't stop! I don't know how and I can't do it alone! I don't have any family left! You know nothing about me!"

"So tell me about you!" I said, "tell me about you. Make me understand! I promise I won't leave."

I slowly handed her the picture I found and she took it in her hands, and never let go. "This is my sister. She was my best friend and my twin. Our parents died in a car accident when we were 16 and our grandmother had to take care of us. When we were 17 our grandmother died and then our uncle had to take care of us. Turns out he was an alcoholic and he died the last year a month before our 18th birthday. Luckily by then we didn't need a guardian. I was so depressed I started cutting and my sister couldn't handle her own demons inside. This was the last picture taken of us. The day after this photo was taken, she jumped off this bridge and died. I couldn't even afford a funeral."

"I'm so sorry" I said.

"I read about you on the internet" Simone said, "how you felt depressed because your brother was never there and your sister died."

"Yeah" I said, "well she didn't really. She had gotten into a gang or cult or whatever and she felt that the only way out of it was to die. She had my brother David help fake her death. I learned that the hard way. I was trying to recover, and I felt lost so I went to her grave. She beat me to it. I turned around and there she was, alive."

"Did it scare you?" she asked.

 "I was angry. I thought I was seeing things. That my recovering wasn't working and it was causing me to hallucinate. Things blew up even more and I tried to make it work again. I guess I wanted my family back together, but it didn't work. I haven't spoken to her in 2 years. Simone, listen, I am so sorry about your family, but you stil have people who will support you. I'm here now. I will support you and I will be there for you. My friends are really a group called LovatoIsLouder. We formed it when we were in high school to stop bullying at our school. Everyone in that group was bullied or depressed or wanted to committ suicide. Some were even shot trying to protect others from being bullied."