Chapter 15: Gonna Get Caught

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Sequel: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Original: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now

Chapter 15: Gonna Get Caught

I shuggled through papers, making a mess of everything. Trying to figure out some kind of planned. Dylan was across the table with a list of things already written down. David was across the room laying on the couch with a list above his head. I grabbed the notepad from my lap and looked at it. Empty. I have nothing. I don't know what to do. I don't have any good plans to start by saving my dad. I can't think of anything.

"I'm back!" Simone yelled, walking down the stairs. We felt so bad about leaving her out that we told her. I talked to her even longer than I talked to David and I knew I could trust her. When I first told her she threw a fit about how she wish she could have killed my sister herself for doing that to me. That's what really won me over.

"You get the copies?" I asked.

"Yup!" she said, handing each one of us our own folders. David said that the police should be the first ones we go to and give them the evidence, but Dylan suggested that we make copies of everything first in case we need to refer back to them for anything. We all agreed to keep our own copies hidden somewhere down in the secret place. None of us could risk anyone getting a copy of it.

"I have nothing on my list," I threw the notepad on the table and stood up.

Dylan came over to me and hugged me, "it's okay. We just need one of us to have a good idea. We'll be fine. One of our ideas has to be a good enough plan to work."

"What'd you guys think of?" I asked

 "Well there's one good one I thought of," David said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"First of all, we need to deliver the evidence to the police. Second, we need to get in there and talk to your dad. I was thinking we can try out best to get us as alone as possible and for that we may need to use our fame and money to our advantage. Thirdly, we need to hire a really good lawyer to help him. The lawyer might have to be second though so they can be present when we visit your dad."

"That's a great idea David!" I hugged him, "let's get started. I'll pack up the evidence and we can drop it off at the police station. I'll go with Dylan since I originally found it with him and you two stay here in case anyone stops by. Remember, don't tell ANYONE about this."

"Okay," David said, "I'll help Simone with her music anyway."

"You know music?" Simone asked. I forgot she was never really updated on the celebrity scene.

"You're kidding me right?" he asked.

"What?" Simone said.

"He's not just an actor," I told her, "he's also a singer."

"Really?!" She said, "prove it!"

"Fine," he said, "let's go up to the studio."

"How do you know about the studio?"

He rolled his eyes, "good thing you're not going because there's A LOT I have to teach you."

We were all laughing as we walked out of the secret place. Fifteen minutes later we were at the police station in a room with the guy in charge of the investigation.

"So you're telling me," he said, "that it's all just been a set up. A plan that you're sister Alicia started and he only killed them because they were going to kill you?"

"Yes."

"I have to admit, that sounds very unlikely."

"Then what about this?" I put the bag of the evidence on the table.

"What's this?"

"Dylan and I went to my dad's house and found this in his stuff. He thought I needed to know. I didn't mean to hold onto it for this long."

The officer started looking through all the things and invited another officer in the room with us. They slowly looked through all the stuff without saying a word. I looked over at Dylan, who's was clearly just as worried as I was. He reached over and held my hand as we waited for one of the officer to respond.

Five of ten minutes passed by before the one in charge looked at us again. "You're right." he said, "but what are we supposed to do with this? The gang is dead and your father did kill them."

"But it was self defense! AND he was protecting me! There has to be something we can do so he doesn't spend the rest of his life in jail for something he doesn't deserve!"

"I assume you can afford a good lawyer?"

"Yes."

"Good. We'll get working on this evidence and you hire a lawyer. We'll call you when we think it's the right time to visit him."

"Thank you."

"No thank you," he said, "for giving us this evidence. I went into this job to catch criminals, and if it wasn't for you your dad would be spending a lot more time in jail than he deserves. He's going to get a shorter sentence because of you."

"Thanks."

We got home and snuck into the studio to see what Simone and David were doing. Demi showed up while we were gone and they were recording Rosily's Song. David and Simone were playing the instruments and Demi was working on the computer. Dylan and I sat and listened, waiting for them to finish. Simone was the first one to see us.

"You're back!" she smiled.

"Yeah," I smiled back, "how's the recording going?"

 "It's great! Want to hear it?"

"Yeah!"

"Let's play it!" Demi said.

We all sat down in the studio and Demi played the song they just recorded. It was beautiful. It sounded even better with all the extra instruments and elements added into it. It was beautiful. I knew just what Simone's album was going to be. It was going to be perfect and the fans are going to absolutely love it. Now I just need to tell her.

THE END CHAPTER 15!!