Chapter 20: Solo

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Note: Please vote and comment!! :) 

Chapter 20: Solo

-Kayla’s View-

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Demi asked, “Isn’t this the first time they’ve had a chance to spend any alone time together?”

“You two are more worried about it than I am,” I joked, “My dad and Dylan are perfectly fine spending time together.”

“I know,” Simone said, “But they’re probably talking all about you.”

“Your dad’s probably even playing the protective dad by giving Dylan a lecture,” Demi said.

“I highly doubt that,” I laughed, “Dad’s not the type of person to put on the protective role so soon. Would you calm down? They’re probably having a great time.”

“You should be more worried about this,” Demi said.

“Why?”

“Because,” Simone finished, “Your fiancé and your dad are hanging out for the day. He isn’t just your boyfriend anymore he’s your fiancé. Your dad probably has a lot to say about that. There’s so much that he’s missed out on and he’s never been able to spend time with Dylan before so he probably wants to catch up on everything that he’s missed out on so far. They have a lot of bonding to do.”

“You two are getting me worried so I’m going to go into the booth and you two are going to record the song we just wrote, okay?” I asked.

“Fine,” Demi said, “Let’s record Suicide on High again. That one’s my favorite.”

“Mine too!” Simone smiled, “Let’s do it!”

Simone and I got into the booth and Demi started recording the duet.

With suicide on high,

All I do is cry.

Knife to the hand

Feet to the bridge

Blood on my clothes

And wind in my hair.

Higher than high

And faster than slow.

Suicide on high

Oh, suicide on high.

Simone’s solo part in the song was coming up and I couldn’t wait to hear it. Last time we were recording we recorded the parts separately so I’ve never heard her sing it in person. It was unbelievable. I’ve never heard anybody sing a solo like that with so much emotion. I could picture the day of Rosily’s suicide in my head and I’ve never even met her.

I never thought we’d have a last conversation

I never thought I’d have to say goodbye.

Your demons got the best of you

like they almost got the best of me.

You fell through the air,

Smashed in the rocks

and I feel down like the rest of you.

Suicide on high,